SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18097 - 03/16/99 07:46 PM SGProX Opinions, Info, or ANYTHING!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, has anyone played the Korg SGProX, and if so, were you impressed with the sounds and/or action? I will be buying a controller in the near future, and have narrowed it down to PC88MX or SGProX. Concerning piano sound and keyboard action, has anyone compared the two? I've been searching and searching and searching the web for info on the SGProX, but, unlike many other keyboards, there is very little (which worries me), other than the same Mfg info and a few user comments which I keep seeing over and over. I would really appreciate some new input. Thanks for any info!

#18098 - 03/18/99 01:58 PM Re: SGProX Opinions, Info, or ANYTHING!!
yogi Offline

Loc: Stavanger, Norway
Hi! I bought a SGproX for some time ago, and I'm very satified. First the internal sounds: Probably one of the very very best concert piano ever sampled, great sound. And the other pianoes/EP like Stagepiano, Classic EP and Wurlitzer are great as well. Very good organs, strings and a few pads.

Master controllers:
Good as a masterkeyboard, with a total of 10 timbres, 2 int and 8 ext. 4 assignable sliders and 2 ass wheels + buttons. Could have been better with 8 sliders, but it's usually enough.

Action:
Since I have a Yamaha C-3 grand, every other action from Keyboards feel bad. The SG too. But compared to f.x. the Alesis QS8 its great. It feels a bit too "easy" to me. Could have been more heavy to play. But you'll like it.

Visit KORG homepage: www.korg.com for more info.
yogi

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online