SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18215 - 10/08/99 03:02 PM Electribe Analog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could I get a super indepth review of this macine? I'm seriously looking into buying this machine, but as I'm a student with limited funds (read: no allowance) I need to make a good decision. I already have a Yamaha DJX, and I am wondering A. How controllable is the Electribe via midi? B. How much control can it have via midi? (moving knobs, etc.) C. How good does it sound? D. Could you point me to some site where they have some sound samples of this machine? (not the demos, i've already heard those. E. What does it come with? Any software? F. How satisfied are you with your purchase?

#18216 - 10/11/99 04:24 AM Re: Electribe Analog
303bass Offline

Loc: rotterdam, holland
This is not going to be a very indepth review, but i work in a musicstore and i played with both electribes.
Programming Electribe A is very easy, select one of the two parts and just turn the knobs to make a soundsettings. If you use a sequencer you can record all knob movements because they transmit NRPN (the internal sequencer only has memory for moving one knob per part). The machine has a built-in distortion which sounds very aggressive, a tempo delay (adjusts to the BPM) and a chorus/flanger which can crossmodulate.
It is a virtual analog, so it doesn't make use of samples and you can make your own sounds. It has a few minor drawbacks e.g. the envelope is limited, no LFO and doesn't respond to velocity, but overall it's a great machine (espacially when you're a beginner in analog gear). BTW you DON'T NEED any software for programming it.
When you buy this machine you can add a solid bass and a screaming lead to all your music( it does a pretty good distorted 303 too). Here in holland they cost about $425 and that's a fair price for this unit. Buy it, it won't disappoint you.

303bass

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online