I'm trying to scope out a means of getting a pedal rig of some kind to allow me a full octave shift up and down for the sake of some percussion tricks I like to do. I need both hands and would be unduly limited if I used the PB lever for this purpose.
Rather than trying to do delicate bends with my danged foot, which is an iffy proposition at best, I just want to shift up/down so as to have access to a normal drum kit layout, a peaky high kit and that juicy, growly low one.
I therefore need a spring-loaded pedal that will snap back to center when released; a MIDI CC translator box that will send a full- up or full-down message when depressed on either end; and a tip on how to make an 01/Wfd read that particular message. The manual SEEMS to offer every controller BUT pitch-bend for such a task.
Anybody tried to achieve this? Got any suggestions about specific companies that offer such a pedal? How about a converter box that will handle PB messages?
Failing that, anybody got a Star Trek-y replicator so I can reproduce a fistful of $100s with which to pay a tech for a custom job? Yeah, right, like you'd tell me over an open BB if you did!