SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18416 - 06/16/99 11:05 AM N1 Help: Effects in Multi mode.
Anonymous
Unregistered

All my programmed effects for specific parts/sounds come undone when I enter
Multi-mode.....ONLY One effect is used and that the one on the corner on the screen ...
Why? Can I not use multi effects in multi-mode..i.e. different effects for different programs/parts...
If I can can someone tell me how.

#18417 - 06/16/99 03:21 PM Re: N1 Help: Effects in Multi mode.
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
There are only two effects processors in the N1. Bringing the program or combination into the multi mode, you can use the effects that one combination or program uses, but no more.

Using the effects parameters, you can set up two different effects, and using the C and D sends, select which sounds use those two effects, and in what proportions.

Steve Martin
Ward Music Ltd.

#18418 - 06/19/99 12:33 PM Re: N1 Help: Effects in Multi mode.
WS Offline

Almost all synths are like this. If your PC is powerful enough and you use a sequence/audio program and a good soundcard, then you can record the sequence combi track to .wav after you have tweaked it and you will have the orginal effects. Most tracks that you sequence will probably just have some reverb so if you sequence 15 tracks, you won't be recording 15 .wavs. I like to use my Piano program effects in multimode since it is a basic reverb and chorus.
I don't know how well it works but Cakewalk 8 has MIDI effects that you can insert in each sequenced track. I know their Audio effects need a powerful PC to take advantage of them. www.cakewalk.com

[This message has been edited by WS (edited 06-19-99).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online