SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18477 - 02/01/99 03:06 AM MIDI-related problems with the 01R/W
mamat Offline

I use a 01/RW with a master keyboard and another sound module.
When the "OUT" of the 01R/W is connected to the "IN" of the second sound module, I can use the internal sequencer of the 01R/W, but I can't control the second module with the master keyboard.
When the "THRU" of the 01R/W is connected to the "IN" of the second module, the latter can be controlled, but the sequencer of the 01R/W does not work with the second module.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

#18478 - 02/01/99 03:28 AM Re: MIDI-related problems with the 01R/W
ACEJ Offline

Loc: the Netherlands
I suggest you buy a midi merger to merge the output from the sequencer (midi out of the 01/RW) with the output of the master keyboard (midi thru of the 01/RW) and route the output from the merger to the second sound module.

Regards,
A.C.E.J.

#18479 - 02/05/99 11:39 PM Re: MIDI-related problems with the 01R/W
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
Another suggestion: accepting for a moment that the 01R/Ws sequencer is somewhat limited compared to the 01/Wfd capacity-wise, (if you aren't presently using a PC as your sequencer, that is) you should also try what I did for a while: make sure each of your sequencer tracks are properly assigned TO that 2nd module and let it run the show only upon playback. If your master keyboard is triggering the 01R/W OK, you could at least temporarily apply the workaround of using a similar sound to the desired 2nd module patch to lay the track down and then tweak the 2nd module's sound on playback to fit the situation. That way, you could simply let the sequencer run module #2 until you can lay hands on a proper merger.
That's obviously a step away from where you want to be, but it can be a temp. fix. Also, when you look for MIDI mergers, make sure that you buy one with more ins/outs than you presently need, because you WILL be adding SOMEthing to your rig eventually! Even if its just an additional FX box, you'll be glad of the extra capacity later. Good luck!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online