SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18772 - 02/21/00 06:19 PM Styles for Korg i40M
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I purchased gnIstyle and have been playing with the full version all day! My method of creating midi files for the new styles seems ok -- Everything checks out in the program. The problem I'm having is how to load the finished file into my i40M.

Can I load the finished file (in I3 format) into my i40M or do I have to convert it -- different postings here seem to conflict in the correct answer!! I've tried converting files with GnStyfmt to i40M but I'm still doing something wrong. I'm probably confusing myself by reading the manual, but how and where do I load the new style file into my i40M?? -- And how do I get it to play?? Just to be safe, I made backups of all my user banks....I've tried so many different things today, I've totally confused myself into a corner. Hopefully some sleep ( and some wine!!) will rejuvenate me to try again tomorrow!!

Any advice would be most welcome right now........I'll even share my wine!!!!!!

Thanks -- Charley

#18773 - 02/29/00 01:39 AM Re: Styles for Korg i40M
BLACKLEMON Offline

Loc: BANGKOK THAILAND
Well...well...Ok i just own an I40M and i'm not sure about what i'm going to tell you but:
first : convert i3 styles to i40 styles
second : save these styles on a floppy, if possible all styles in user bank with a name like mystyle.sty
upload that floppy in your i40m like for any floppy style disk, choosing to load only "all"...Normally you must find your new styles in the USER bank of your i40 M,non?
that is what i should do if i have to...but i 'm not sure of all that...just try to help you to find peace )) bLackLeMoN

------------------

__L__oo__K__

#18774 - 03/13/00 04:16 PM Re: Styles for Korg i40M
ncmusic Offline

Loc: London
Check in the menu keyboard type (files optimized for the iS40), must be work very well...
Take a look at http://go.to/korgies

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online