SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18882 - 11/08/01 01:31 PM HELP ME! connecting my N364 to my computer.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am an owner of a Korg N364 and am not very familiar with the whole MIDI setup and communication issues. Could somebody please tell me what I need to do to have my N364 successfully communicate with my PC running several digital sequencers and editors?

Thanks.

the confused one

#18883 - 01/18/02 12:19 AM Re: HELP ME! connecting my N364 to my computer.
singletonsun Offline

Loc: Atlanta
We're going through the same thing, but with a phantom. I think we're going to send thr Fantom back, and may buy the Korg N 364. Then will be exactly the same.

We have had some success today. What programs are you using?

How do you like your Korg? What are the sounds in GM mode like. How do they compare with the XP-80,?

Anyway, what we did to get it to work is read over and over each of the manuals, and compare each.

#1) The software's got to send to the card,
#2) The cards got be configured to send midi, unless your using a midi interface, etc...
#3) The keyboard/sound module must be configured to receive the midi date.....

Each junction must be perfect. It's still a bit of a mystery how we got it working.
thanks and good luck
Craig

I may have some time this weekend, if your more specific with your reply.

And please let me know what you think of your Kork?

Quote:
Originally posted by korger19:
I am an owner of a Korg N364 and am not very familiar with the whole MIDI setup and communication issues. Could somebody please tell me what I need to do to have my N364 successfully communicate with my PC running several digital sequencers and editors?

Thanks.

the confused one

#18884 - 01/18/02 11:53 PM Re: HELP ME! connecting my N364 to my computer.
grahawk Offline

There's not too much configuration to do. If you using the joystick port then that is some type of MPU-401 midi port. With the cables connected correctly on the keyboard (In to out, out to in) all you shpuld need to do is selected the right in and port in the software - the one with the MPU-401 in it's name. Then you can send and recieve midi data.

#18885 - 02/05/02 07:26 AM Re: HELP ME! connecting my N364 to my computer.
homedad Offline

Loc: Baldwinsville, NY, Onondaga
I take a more basic route. To me, MIDI is a PITA, so I use the line-in alternative. I record directly in to Cool Edit 2K, do any adjustments needed in that program, ACIDIZE that wav file, and plug it into my ACID mix. Just a thought for an alternative method.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online