SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18936 - 11/21/04 10:32 AM Korg PA80 Booting up problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello. I'm kinda new here but i see this place as my last hope.

I bouhgt a new Korg for me (although it's used but the money are a problem so ... ^_^) and started to experiment with it since i never had a Korg keypoard before.

So i managed to DELETE the !123.SET !456.SET !789.SET files in the HD. After that i pressed the "Shift+EXIT+ENER" combination to see the version of the firmwere i think and there the problem appeared... I suddenly saw on the screen ONLY the "KORG Pa 80" label. Nothing else work, no respond whats so ever.I close the korh and Power it up again. it's starting to booting and loading the Operation system BUT right after the loading procedure is finished the Korg freezes! It just shows the "KORG Pa 80" and nothing else. The "Display Hold" is also on - don;t know why o_O. And nothing work!!! No sound when pressing the keys, no reaction when pressing any buton availble.

So is there a way to restore the default settings or something?? Is there a way to "flash" it?? Cause i did the Updating of the O S although it has the v.3.05 on it.

PLease help! I need it for work to bring some food to the table.

#18937 - 11/21/04 09:15 PM Re: Korg PA80 Booting up problem
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Take the Hard drive OUT. Then restart it.
After it's running ...... initialize the unit and then reinstal the HD.
Format the drive, and you should get the 123 folders back.
This is my educated guess.... I never had to do this, but I'd wager it'll work.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online