SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19028 - 02/14/00 07:47 PM Need help deciding on audio
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi all.

I'm looking for a decent sound setup for my Korg Triton. Right now I am borrowing a friends bass amp, and I need to get my own sound.

My Triton is in a fairly small room, and I only occasionaly play live, with the possibility of playing small venues in the future.

I was considering perhaps a PA setup, with the Yamaha SV15 4's. They are 15 inch woofers and a horn tweeter.

I was also considering a stand alone amp, Like say, a Roland kc-300.

With the Triton, I think Iwould prefer stereo.

Basically what I want is something that sounds full and clear, with decent bass.

I am considering the studio monitors, but it seems they can't handle the larger sounds as well as the PA's and amps can.

What do you reccommend for a decent sound setup for a Korg Triton? What do you have for your synth? Thanks!

#19029 - 02/23/00 02:43 PM Re: Need help deciding on audio
fvicente Offline

Loc: Port Moody, BC, Canada
Hi,

Consider how large the venues you will play at first and foremost. When you move to small venues in the future, consider that. I would recommend a small PA myself as they are designed to "throw" a certain distance and amps are intended more as monitor sources onstage. However, if your small venues are places that will only hold about 30 to 50 people or you'll only play larger places once every six months, an amp may be a better solution since it is easier to carry around rather than a PA. For the very few times you need a bigger system, simply rent and charge a little extra so you get back the rental fee. If you're looking at venues of 100 or more people than I would definitely go with a small PA.

HTH
Fernando

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online