SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19208 - 11/18/99 05:25 AM Trinity upgrade to V2
Simon J. Horsey Offline

Loc: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I have just added the solo board to my Trinity and received upgrade disks to V2 software with no instructions about how to install it! Can anyone help?

#19209 - 11/21/99 08:42 PM Re: Trinity upgrade to V2
Mauricio Offline

Loc: Winnipeg
I hope we are talking about the same topic. If you want to upgrade your OS version. You must follow the instructiions carefully. If you don't follow carefully you could damage your Trinity and void your warranty. Here are the steps:

-insert Disk 1 into the Trinity and power on while holding down the and <.RESET> keys. The Trinity will prompt for a boot disk which it should find and from then on the procedure is automatic. The only intervention that you'll be required to provide will be the insertion of Disk 2 half-way through the process. No confirmation is required from you after the switch... the Trinity will find the second disk on it's own.

IMPORTANT NOTE!

The Trinity uses FLASH ROM to hold it's operating system. While the upgrade is going on do not under any circumstances press any key or button on the keyboard, move any controller, or even touch the screen. Doing so may cause the upgrade to fail part-way through and should this happen the likelihood is that your Trinity will require returning to Korg before it will work again! Why is this? Well, the boot-code which the Trinity uses to kick off the upgrade procedure is actually stored in Flash ROM along with the OS. As the first thing that the upgrade procedure does is wipe the Flash ROM, the Trinity cannot boot again until the new Operating System has been safely installed. You have been warned. Having said this, many Trinity users have successfully upgraded the system, myself included.

#19210 - 11/21/99 08:43 PM Re: Trinity upgrade to V2
Mauricio Offline

Loc: Winnipeg
I hope we are talking about the same topic. If you want to upgrade your OS version. You must follow the instructiions carefully. If you don't follow carefully you could damage your Trinity and void your warranty. Here are the steps:

-insert Disk 1 into the Trinity and power on while holding down the ENTER and RESET keys. The Trinity will prompt for a boot disk which it should find and from then on the procedure is automatic. The only intervention that you'll be required to provide will be the insertion of Disk 2 half-way through the process. No confirmation is required from you after the switch... the Trinity will find the second disk on it's own.

IMPORTANT NOTE!

The Trinity uses FLASH ROM to hold it's operating system. While the upgrade is going on do not under any circumstances press any key or button on the keyboard, move any controller, or even touch the screen. Doing so may cause the upgrade to fail part-way through and should this happen the likelihood is that your Trinity will require returning to Korg before it will work again! Why is this? Well, the boot-code which the Trinity uses to kick off the upgrade procedure is actually stored in Flash ROM along with the OS. As the first thing that the upgrade procedure does is wipe the Flash ROM, the Trinity cannot boot again until the new Operating System has been safely installed. You have been warned. Having said this, many Trinity users have successfully upgraded the system, myself included.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online