SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19231 - 11/06/00 03:05 PM Z1 - Opinions?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Z1 second hand. I like what I've heard of the presets but I just want to know from experienced users what the pros & cons are...

What do like about this synth?

I'm writing hard edged dance music so I'm looking for good programability, good sync options and, of course great sounds ..

Any advice and opinions would be appreciated.

Rory

------------------
J U N K M A G N E T
www.mp3.com/breakbeat

#19232 - 11/06/00 10:26 PM Re: Z1 - Opinions?
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
Junkmagnet!

The Z1 is awesome!!!!! Seriously, one of the most (if not the most) powerful synthe ever made in the last 20 years!!!! It has 13 oscillator types that cover all kinds of sounds from awesome analogue imitations to physical modelled brass, guitar, EP and bass sounds etc etc. Don't rely on it for drums and acoustic piano though.

The Z1 is up to 6 part multitimbral in multi mode but I strongly advise you to get ehr 18 voice expansion option if running it multi-timbrally.

It's main cons are only 2 outputs at the back, lack of dynamic voice allocation and the very limited fx routing system whereby you cannot put different fx on different patches- but really this is not what this synth is about anyway- it's not a workstation like the Triton or Trinity but a 'real' synth.

It's pros are many- awesome sound- VERY PROGRAMMABLE synthesizer with 4 LFO's 5 EG's, limitless modulation routings and fantastic real time control (the x/y joystick is the best realtime controller I've come accross in any synth IMHO!).

If you get a great price, go for it- unfortunately, the only thing that didn't make this board more popular was it's high price- but you get heaps of power for the money!!!!

The Z1 will be a classic one day- GO BUY IT!!!!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online