SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19272 - 06/15/00 10:09 AM Triton and Z1
cBas Offline

If I bought a Triton and the right music software for my computer, how complete of a solution for creating hip hop and jazz music would this be? I really like the Z1 but am turned off by its limited Polyphony, with the right software could this problem be ammended. What exactly can todays music software do for you? (can it sequence, sample, layer, and loop, can it expand polyphony?)

#19273 - 06/17/00 03:33 PM Re: Triton and Z1
Hutch Offline

Loc: Modesto
Software cannot expand polyphony, nothing can unless your synth has a polyphony upgrade of some kind.

Software can do just about everything now. There is software sequencer's that have 10 times the power of the trition's sequencer, they have comp samplers ( hardware are still more powerful but in years to come the comp ones will be way more powerful ).

The Triton is fine for hip hop, for jazz I would say the roland jv/xp/xv would be better suited for that. I own a trinity and use it for rap, and have no problems, some of the most famous rap producers right now use trinity's and triton's.

As far as the polyphony thing goes its not really about that ( will in a way it is ) while yes it only has 12 vocies and on the triton it's down to 6, it just gives you a chance to be more creative in making your music. While I agree I would prefer more voices to one with less, you just have to work with what you got. I mean if it only has 6 vocies and you make the most out of those 6 imagine what you would do if it had 64 or 128. It will expand your basic skills look at it that way.

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online