SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#195146 - 11/05/04 10:37 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Ah, those norwegians....

Hmmm... what did we do wrong now Andrea?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#195147 - 11/05/04 11:09 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Sorry Gunnar,
I should have written "norwegians" instead...
You know that I love you vikings!

#195148 - 11/05/04 11:33 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Scott,

You're right, that is exactly what 'adaptive voicing' does. I would say it makes the notes in a style play much more natural, like a composer would arrange it with the chords of your song.

It's a bit technical and my high school English is a somewhat of an obstacle here...

By the way, in the demo I visited they showed more of the style makeup tools. I think this is a very quick and effective way of altering the styles. In fact, with each style you can choose from 30 alternative drum kits or 30 different instrument settings, or change them both at the same time. It makes the arrangement sound completely different. Mmm 285 X 30 = well..... a lot!

I think of waiting for an opportunity to check out the styles myself in the music store before actually buying the instrument. They are such an important part of the whole package.

------------------
Tom NL

#195149 - 11/05/04 01:27 PM Re: G70 samples available !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Hei Gunnar Jonny, where have you been??
I'm left alone here fighting our nations interest! :P

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#195150 - 11/05/04 02:56 PM Re: G70 samples available !
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hehe, yes I know Andrea, but we're eating
as much Pizza and Pasta in this country
now that we're almost Italians

Hi Roy-Andrč
I'm peeking in almost every day to see what
happens, but not much participation at the
moment.
Really nice to see other Norwegians than me
at SZ. Keep up the good work.

Happy playing
GJ

Btw, the new G70 looks interesting,
spesially now when there is no new
Technics KN's on the way.......
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#195151 - 11/06/04 06:43 AM Re: G70 samples available !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
If the Adaptive Chord Voicing (ACV) works as advertised then Roland probably has struck "gold" with the G70.

One of the main 'hiccups' in an Arranger Keyboard IMO is smooth transition (or lack thereof) when playing in Accompaniment mode. Using Styles while you play along with Melody & Chords {normal stuff for OMB's, right? }, can and is a challenge to be able to 'seamlessly' have the music "flow", i.e. no jerks, glitches, hiccups, etc. to where the music doesn't flow naturally. Roland's use of Adaptive Chord Voicing should hopefully eliminate that stifling aspect of Arrangers while playing in Accompaniment mode and being able to have the music flow naturally and smoothly, i.e. seamlessly.

I know a lot of it depends on the Player himself; in his or her skill and ability to play with precise timing to cut down on the music not flowing naturally with no musical bumps in the road so to speak.

With the Adaptive Chord Voicing less attention will seem to be needed to keep the music flowing naturally with precise timing while playing, as the G70 itself will allow for smooth and natural transition between Chord changes in Arranger mode using the Adaptive Chord Voicing feature. At least in theory it should do so. If it works as advertised it should help sales significantly IMO and should give G70 owners a "one up" on the OMB competition since it allows your music to sound more like "real" and lifelike sounding Audio, instead of canned and mechanical sounding music that is sometimes apparent in Arranger keyboards.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-06-2004).]

#195152 - 11/06/04 07:35 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Clif Anderson Offline

Question: is adaptive chord voicing mainly for those who use "one-finger" techniques for chords or who always play chords in root position? What value would it be to someone like Scott Yee who plays the appropriate chord voicings for given progressions in the first place?

#195153 - 11/06/04 08:11 AM Re: G70 samples available !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Good question Clif. Anybody???

Best regards,
Mike

#195154 - 11/06/04 09:50 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I guess that we all have to wait and see how this "adaptative chord voicing" works; any further comments in this phase would be just speculation or wishful thinking on our part.

Mike, what about a little apology with both the dutch and the norwegian members of our Forum? In my opinion you succeeded in the not-so-easy task of killing two birds with one stone, i.e. offending TWO countries with just one posting.
I am impressed!

#195155 - 11/06/04 10:15 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Clif Anderson:
Question: is adaptive chord voicing mainly for those who use "one-finger" techniques for chords or who always play chords in root position? What value would it be to someone like Scott Yee who plays the appropriate chord voicings for given progressions in the first place?

Hi Clif, though of course I don't positively know the answer either, I suspect that the adaptive chord voicing feature works with any of the fingering chord recognition types. Adaptive chord voicing doesn't change or affect the sound of what you playing live, but instead figures out & provides the best AUTO ACCOMPANIMENT to include smoother (more musical) voice leading . If, in full fingered mode, you have the LEFT voice turned on, and only play (jumping about) to ROOT position chords, that is still what will be heard. I don't believe the adaptive chord voicing feature corrects that. But then again, with the advent of "Performance Assist" on the Yamaha PSR3000, I suppose anything is possible. - Scott

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online