SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#195166 - 11/11/04 07:16 AM Re: G70 samples available !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:

Well Mike, if you browse the net for Noordwijk, you get a minimum of 50 pages of Noordwijk HOLLAND, IOW The Netherlands. You speak about analyzing and deciphering the language. I can tell you I have spent a total of 6,5 years in the States and been married to a british lady for 8 years. I would say you missed with your posting.
I shall agree with you, the people on the demo did look miserable, but don't try to tap dance away from the fact that you goofed when trying to translate Noordwijk into Norway. An unconditional retreat was your best way out, and you missed the opportunity.

------------------
Roy-Andrè

Geesh..... My Geography happens to be a "little" off. Sorry for the slight geographical error.

I guess "Hollanders??" not only don't smile much they also don't know how to take a little 'ribbing' when they read it.

For those who don't know what ribbing means(loose translation): it is a lighthearted attempt to make something humorous out of a situation, in this case all the frowns on the faces of those Hollanders.

I stated in my recent post above what my true feelings were towards those Hollanders in Noordwijk or any other people in the Netherlands and that is my writings were meant no harm. If if makes any of my SZ members over the pond happier I apologize if they feel hurt by my words.

You know they say "laughter" is the best medicine. Try to truly laugh without smiling. Can it be done? Maybe the people in the Netherlands would fare better if they smiled more? Just a thought..

Peace

Best regards,
Mike

#195167 - 11/11/04 07:35 AM Re: G70 samples available !
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
What happened to talking about the G70 ?

Let's all try to get on together....
There is too much bad feeling in the world already..... Lighten up everyone...Cheers

#195168 - 11/11/04 07:39 AM Re: G70 samples available !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Mike,

I am NOT a pediatrician, and my profile clearly shows my specialization!
Best regards
Andrea

Oops!

You just went from a Baby Doctor to a Gland and Hormone Doctor! I hope your colleagues don't mind btw.

Perdoni la mia ignoranza!

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-11-2004).]

#195169 - 11/11/04 09:07 AM Re: G70 samples available !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by jdx:
What happened to talking about the G70 ?

Let's all try to get on together....
There is too much bad feeling in the world already..... Lighten up everyone...Cheers

Well jdx, if you have any more news about the G-70, let us know!

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#195170 - 11/11/04 11:12 AM Re: G70 samples available !
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
Well Roy..
The only news I know that has not been posted is that here in the U.K. the price will be non negotiable...
So every dealer will be obliged to charge the full retail price..
I was told this by Roland U.K.

#195171 - 11/11/04 12:06 PM Re: G70 samples available !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That will never happen! ( in my opinion of course).
DonM

#195172 - 11/11/04 12:23 PM Re: G70 samples available !
Roel Offline

Well, I have something more te tell:

At the demo at Musik-Produktiv at Ibbenbüren (Germanny) was Ralf Schink playing and he did a GREAT JOB!
The G70 had some problems and it is caused by a mechanical problem :
Pushing the intro-/fill-in buttons area causes the Printed Cicuit Board to bend a little and shorts electronic circuits....the reason why G70 reboots.

#195173 - 11/11/04 03:44 PM Re: G70 samples available !
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:

The G70 had some problems and it is caused by a mechanical problem :
Pushing the intro-/fill-in buttons area causes the Printed Cicuit Board to bend a little and shorts electronic circuits....the reason why G70 reboots.

#195174 - 11/11/04 04:41 PM Re: G70 samples available !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by jdx:
Well Roy..
The only news I know that has not been posted is that here in the U.K. the price will be non negotiable...
So every dealer will be obliged to charge the full retail price..
I was told this by Roland U.K.

Is this because dealers are not allowed to underbid each other you think?
Maybe when Tyros 2 comes, that policy will vanish. Like Don says, in the US you never ever pay the full price on anything to do with musical instruments. Maybe you do, but it's hidden as a "deal" anyhow!
The glitch when hitting the intro/fill button sounds scary considering it's just about to hit the streets...:O

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#195175 - 11/13/04 10:45 PM Re: G70 samples available !
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I was told by Roland that the G70 will be sold as follows.
Dealer has a Demonstration model supplied free. from this he takes the order and the customer makes payment direct to Roland who then ships it direct to the customer.
With the above arrangement Roland have control of it's selling price and the Dealer always obtains his full profit. This stops individual Dealers from discounting. A policy I am sure will have full Dealer support.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online