SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#195176 - 11/14/04 04:46 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Roel Offline

In that case only the dealers that offer/supply the most/best accessories with the keyboards will have the most customers.
I would go for : HQ keyboard stand, expensive leather seat, microphone, speakers.... at least !

The competition-issue will change from keyboard to extras..... so what do they/we win ?

I would NEVER.... repeat NEVER pay ahead, without having the keyboard 'in my hand'.

#195177 - 11/14/04 05:03 AM Re: G70 samples available !
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
I would NEVER.... repeat NEVER pay ahead, without having the keyboard 'in my hand'.

[/B]

DITTO !

Chico

#195178 - 11/15/04 02:25 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Roel, Chico: I assume that you never bought in an online store (with a credit card)... In my case it's unthinkable not equating the possibility of an online purchase. It's true that all three pro arrangers I had were bought 'directly' (keys against money ), after a careful prospecting process, but I am too isolated to neglect the online purchase route.
-- José.

#195179 - 11/15/04 02:44 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Roel Offline

José,

Perhaps I belong to the 'lucky ones' living not too isolated..... in fact The Netherlands are really small

I did some Online purchases, but paying these amounts of money and hoping some day the machine arrives..... no way !

The next step could be 'elimination of dealers' .... who will need them in future if Roland wants equipment returned to factory for repairs.

#195180 - 11/15/04 04:57 AM Re: G70 samples available !
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I'm interested to know if this Roland deal is unique to the UK.

The world is a much smaller place now due to the Internet and also to much cheaper travel etc. I bought a Ketron XD3 when they first came out and all 4 dealers (that I could find) in the UK wanted full retail for this brand new product at the time. As you guys have already said, no-one pays full retail for musical instruments so I bought from Belgium at just HALF the price it was in England including VAT and delivery - Sure, it's a bit further to send for a repair but unless Roland make this policy worldwide then there will be people willing to deal with "grey imports" like myself.

I'd like to mention that I have found their UK support somewhat lacking and their documentation difficult but this has not stopped me from buying or really liking Roland stuff in the past nor will their price fixing approach stop me in the future.

Perhaps, as already mentioned, the "old dog of a keyboard" trade in approach gives dealers a chance to differentiate on pricing.

Incidently, You can get a new Tyros in the UK for a smidge inder £1800 although there are plenty of dealers selling for more and adding "value" such as support and freebies.
I know that lots of people support their local dealers and that is great for them as they get what they want from their deals but I need competitive pricing, not neccassarily the cheapest deal but a deal that suits me.

Just my own (selfish) two peeeees worth.

KF

#195181 - 11/15/04 06:33 AM Re: G70 samples available !
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
KF,normally i would agree with you,i,m from london but retired to spain,cause i get my income in £££ i lose over 15% changing my dough to euros,if i buy a keyboard here its nearly always recomended retail price,so i would end paying over 15% extra,so i ordered a psr3000 in uk(paying with ££££) even though i paid £85 delivery i,m still saving money,mike,,,,ps.maybe i should have tried belgium.

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 11-15-2004).]

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online