SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19627 - 03/22/01 03:09 PM HEY KORG! FIX THE PROBLEM!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't purchase the new Karma workstation until Korg fixes the noise problem infecting it's programs. From Legato strings to drum samples.
I have bought and returned this piece of crap 3 TIMES!
That means not only one board had it, they all 3 of them had it.
I've already tested my equipment to make sure it wasn't my existing equipment. I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. If you got one without the noise consider yourself lucky. It's worse then the noise problem with Roland's patches. THE OUTPUTS CRACKLE AND POP!

COME ON KORG! FOR $1,799(US) YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT.

I'm going to return it for the last time and get my money back. I give up on it.

#19628 - 03/22/01 04:43 PM Re: HEY KORG! FIX THE PROBLEM!
Eddy Offline

Loc: Chicago
Just curious what has Korg said when you contacted them about this problem?

If its a batch of bad units returning it to where you got it from may only get you more frustrated. Has Korg offered to work with you on this issue?

#19629 - 03/23/01 07:20 PM Re: HEY KORG! FIX THE PROBLEM!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The guy at the store I bought the karma from just called me today and said that korg would fix the noise problem at my convience. It's official, that alot of the karmas first produced have something wrong with them. So instead of not getting a karma, wait a while. So korg can fix the problem in the next batch of karmas being produced. Because it's a good keyboard without the noise.

#19630 - 03/24/01 03:18 AM Re: HEY KORG! FIX THE PROBLEM!
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
\\The guy at the store I bought the karma from just called me today and said that korg would fix the noise problem at my convience. It's official, that alot of the karmas first produced have something wrong with them. So instead of not getting a karma, wait a while. So korg can fix the problem in the next batch of karmas being produced. Because it's a good keyboard without the noise.\\

At least Korg owns up to the problem! If it were Roland, they would have called you crazy and customer service would have told you to f#$$% off.

#19631 - 03/29/01 01:41 PM Re: HEY KORG! FIX THE PROBLEM!
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
I checked the karma yesterday at the store and I see no noise on it. so may be they fixed it.I see the version of the keyboard are 1.0.2.
I like the keyboard by the way and I heard some new sounds too. or some re edited sound from the triton.but what I find not good is that the keyboard is hard to scale and not as fast as the triton in picking sounds (for me at least).

Arvon...
I got worse than that from Roland on their XP-30 and the E-500OR

------------------
vic:)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online