SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19690 - 03/11/00 09:42 AM I was wondering.....
qtm1 Offline

Ok here's the deal...
I have been checking around because I want a good synth and I know that I am going to have to pay at least 1200 bucks for it. Now my question is this what would be the difference in me getting a Triton/Trinity for 1500 and up verses me getting two keyboards choosing from jp8000, x5d, xp-30, qs 6.1 or 7.1, cs2x, n5ex or a keyboard and sound module combo. I gues I am trying to figure out value is the triton/trinity line even better than any two keyboards?
And also is it worth getting a groove/rhythm box and keyboard or keybord/sound module combo.
The reason I am going on like this is because I got this er-1 yesterday and i am thinking of just taking it back and getting a xp-30 or something I can do more with ....

#19691 - 03/11/00 11:43 AM Re: I was wondering.....
fvicente Offline

Loc: Port Moody, BC, Canada
Hi qtm1,

It all depends on what you want to do with it. What kind of music are you going to make with it? The Trinity or the Triton are both powerful synths and can do a lot. The Triton has the added bonus of extra polyphony and you can add RAM to it for sample playback. While the Trinity has a sample option, that sample option is very limited IMHO in comparison to the Triton.

The 2 are very similar yet I find the Triton a bit more on the synth-based side while the Trinity (I own one) has a few more bread & butter sounds. If you are considering a module and a keyboard, I would suggest maybe getting a Trinity and a inexpensive module like the JV-1010 or something like that. This will give you a lot of sound capabilities. Of course, if you are into more synth-based music, then a analog-modelling synth (like a Virus or Nord Lead) might be what you want. You may be able to pick one up used for a good price and then you could get a Trinity as your controller keyboard.

HTH,
Fernando

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online