SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19709 - 07/02/99 09:34 PM From Trinity to CD
Bird123 Offline

Loc: Houston
Okay guys.......I wanna be able to hand out copies of sample songs to people. So my question is, how can I transfer my sequences to a CD?? Ok I'll tell you what I have, and you all tell me what I need, ok? I have the trinity, midi cables and adapter, Computer (main thing you wanna know CD-RW Drive) So how do I get these sequences over to my CD-RW Drive?

#19710 - 07/03/99 03:27 AM Re: From Trinity to CD
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Plug the audio outputs of the Trinity into the aux. inputs (or line inputs) of the sound card. Use any common sound recording program to record the Trinity at 44.1 kHz, stereo. You can then use this file to burn your CD-R.

If you have the HDR-TRI (hard disk recording) option, you could bypass the digital-analog-digital conversions and record directly into a sound card that has a digital audio input (such as the SoundBlaster Live).

If you have the DI-TRI (digital interface) option, you could record directly from the Trinity, through a fiber-optic cable, and onto a sound card with a ADAT optical input, such as the Korg 1212 I/O sound card, or the Midiman Lagoon card.

Steve Martin
Ward Music

#19711 - 07/03/99 01:18 PM Re: From Trinity to CD
Bird123 Offline

I do not have the hdr or di option but I have the sound blaster live. It has one aux port...2 speaker ports and a mic port....will one aux be efficient? Cause I use two outputs for my Trinity for stereo. Can I use anything on the other card that came with it to do it? It has spdif input and an output......and a digital in input....can I do anything with those.

Thanks for any help.

#19712 - 07/06/99 04:58 AM Re: From Trinity to CD
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
The AUX input on the SB Live is a stereo jack. You can use adapters to plug the right and left outputs of the Trinity into this input.

If you had the HDR option, you could connect the coaxial digital output on the back of the Trinity HDR to the SPDIF digital input on the SB daughter board.

#19713 - 07/06/99 03:31 PM Re: From Trinity to CD
Bird123 Offline

Thanks!

#19714 - 07/12/99 05:43 PM Re: From Trinity to CD
Bird123 Offline

Ok........a guy at that store told me that I could only record about 90 seconds at a time using this process. Is this true?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online