SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19793 - 12/30/99 10:43 AM trinity or triton to accompany 1010 module?
dontae Offline

Loc: BALTIMORE,M.D.
I'm going to make an important recording and wanted to hear what other professionals thought about purchasing triton or trinity...to be used with 1010 module?

------------------

#19794 - 01/01/00 10:17 AM Re: trinity or triton to accompany 1010 module?
WindsongMan Offline

Loc: Fremont, CA USA
A friend has had an Xp-80 for gigs and studio work for a few years. He was telling me how he just got out of the studio after laying down some tracks using the Triton and was blown away by the quality.
I personally enjoy mixing the xp sounds plus
Trinity (TR-Rack) for home use.

#19795 - 01/03/00 01:32 AM Re: trinity or triton to accompany 1010 module?
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
Both the Triton and Trinity are awesome keyboards. Soundwise, there isn't really anything between them (and in fact the filters in the Trinity are more flexible). But Triton has more onboard waveforms, better LFO's (Which sync to MIDI clock), an improved operating system with better touchview screen, slightly better sequencer and 2 arpeggiators, 62 notes of polyphony (the Trinity only has 32), ampling capabilities and multi timbral MOSS sounds with the moss board installed. The effects have also been improved and there are now also 6 freely assignable outputs as opposed to the 4 on the Trinity which had poor output routing capabilities.

If you have bought neither, then by all means look at the Triton- it's extra features are worth it. However, don't neglect the Trinity either, particularly if you get a godd deal on one.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online