SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20095 - 07/05/01 07:55 PM Help applying effects Kurzweil 2600s
wjbell Offline

I'm trying to figure out how to apply the effects to a single channel. Like if I have a song and I want channel 2 to have the effects applied only to that channel. (the effects that are applied to the channel when you press the effects button) Can anyone tell me the steps to attach them to a certain channel and save it so when you play back the song that channel has the effects?

Thanks.

#20096 - 07/10/01 05:10 PM Re: Help applying effects Kurzweil 2600s
Adnan Offline

Loc: Sarajevo, BiH
Hi

MultiEffect processor of the K2600 (KDFX) has 4 buses. So, not all the 16 channels can have totally different effects applied.

You can choose type of effect in Program Edit mode, where you select KDFX algorhythm (an existing or one you recently made in Effect Edit mode) that's linked with the Program. So, each Program specifies type of effect used on it. When you select the program (patch) on specified channel, the effect specified in that Program will be applied on that channel.

This is step-example of this procedure:

1. Make some rotary speaker effect in Effect Edit mode and remember it's address (#550, for example).

2. Go to Program mode, press edit and make the patch (some organ sound for this example).

3. Press the KDFX soft button and apply the effect no.#550 on the program.

4. Save program (as 440, for example) and exit to regular Program mode.

5. Select Channel#8 and assign program#440 to it.

Now you get the organ sound on channel 8 with leslie effect.

I hope I understood this concept correctly. Also, hope you can understand me.
Regards

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online