SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20384 - 05/20/00 09:11 AM Tube Amps for Keyboard
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
Is there a tube amp under $500.00 for keyboard? I hooked up my K2000 to a boss stereo phazer pedal and a Crate VC guitar amp and was impressed with the stock electric keyboard and organs sounds. If anybody knows of any model numbers of amps please let me know. There is such a big difference between solid state and tube.

#20385 - 05/20/00 06:37 PM Re: Tube Amps for Keyboard
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You're right about the differance between solid state & tube amps - but it's a detriment with a digital keyboard signal. Solid state produces a much cleaner signal at higher volumes, without the usual "grunge" of a tube pre-amp. If you do alot of electric guitar sounds or dirty organ, there may be a benefit - but for all the other "staples", Solid state is the state of the art. Since modeling came about, even guitarists are swithing away from tube amps. I played a wedding tonite and the guitarist used a Flextone amp - what a great unit. Had all the best tones from all the classic amps built in - all modeled!
If you want dirt - use a pedal or a rack effect - for the clean sound, it's gotta be solid state.

------------------
Uncle Dave

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online