SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20751 - 11/21/98 03:59 PM drumstation
mamat Offline

Hi, I'm planning to buy a Drumstation.
If you already use one, please let me know your opinion about it (in particular ease of use, reliability).

Thanks in advance. :-)

Mamat

#20752 - 11/24/98 02:40 AM Re: drumstation
Guillaume Offline

Hey, you again...
Well, guess what, I have a Drumstation V2 as well as a Nord, so just want to say that it seems to me that your looking at all the right gear. The Drumstation sounds incredibly close, if not identical to the 909 & 808, as I'm sure many have told you already. It's true though - I don't own an actual 909 or 808, so I can't tell you with 100% certainty, but I do have many, many records with both machines on it, and when I compare them to the dats and tapes of my own stuff, it's impressive indeed! Through a big system, this thing kicks really hard. The best thing is that all parameters of each drum are controllable from the front panel knobs (many many knobs), and to top it off it has a DIN sync jack for old Roland gear (currently using it with my TB303). Conclusion: It's a great value! No built in sequencer of course but who doesn't use external sequencer anymore? I havn't regretted spending 600 bucks on it (I've had it for 9 months now).
Peace (again)!
G.

#20753 - 11/27/98 02:59 PM Re: drumstation
mamat Offline

Hi Guillaume,

you lucky guy ! You've got the two instruments that I'm planning to buy.
I still hesitate between the Nord rackd 2 and the Access Virus, because, as I said, I'm looking for SOFT analog string pads in particular, and from the audio demo that I've heard, the Nord seems to sound a little bit "aggressive".
So here is my question : may I ask you to record a short audio file (wav) of soft analog pads from the red one and to send it to me ? I would help me to decide here, quietly at home, if the Nord is definitly for me ...
Thanks in advance

Mamat

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online