SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211801 - 01/22/04 07:40 PM UPS vs FedEx
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I've bought a few things on Ebay and thru the inet and I've noticed people from the east send UPS and those from the west seem to use FedEx. Anyone else notice this? Why?

Everytime I get something from FedEx it taakes a week to get here, but UPS is like 3 days. Is there that much of a difference?

#211802 - 01/22/04 08:04 PM Re: UPS vs FedEx
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Fedex is Nationwide but UPS still out delivers Fedex even here on the West Coast. When Fedex had the workers strike a few years ago it really hurt their business and they've been playing catch up to UPS ever since. In my experience UPS is very reliable and quick while Fedex hasn't gotten my business since their strike. Both are good services but for my dollar I use UPS which I find very reliable and also prompt.

Best regards,
Mike

#211803 - 01/22/04 08:10 PM Re: UPS vs FedEx
The Accordionist Offline

Wow, two completely different views here!

I am in Southern California and between my wife and myself we have at least two packages delivered each week to our home.

Hands down Fed Ex wins! They are ALWAYS on time and their two-day delivery is phenomenal. I just ordered something from SameDayMusic.Com in New Jersey and they Fed Ex'd it 2nd day free and it was here when expected!

UPS to us is just like the Post Office - you might get it on time and in good shape but you probably won't.

Weird.

Tommy

#211804 - 01/22/04 08:35 PM Re: UPS vs FedEx
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
If I have a choice I will take FedEx, there on time here in Minnesota,
as is UPS, but if I get it from FedEx it will be in one piece. UPS 60% chance it will be smashed.
Denny

#211805 - 01/22/04 09:44 PM Re: UPS vs FedEx
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I am also on the West Coast and I own a music store. I prefer Fed EX always over UPS. UPS usually distroys boxes and Fed Ex boxes almost always come less damaged. I also prefer the promptness of Fed Ex. UPS always takes longer unless you ask for next day or second day delivery.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#211806 - 01/23/04 04:56 AM Re: UPS vs FedEx
Beakybird Offline

I've been happier with UPS. FedEx has delivered things to my neighbor's building instead of me. Also, once I had an urgent package that I wasn't there to pick up. FedEx told me to pick the package up at some warehouse in a town 30 miles away, when they have a customer service center 3 blocks from my home. Isn't FedEx more expensive? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Beakybird

#211807 - 01/23/04 05:23 AM Re: UPS vs FedEx
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:

Wow, two completely different views here!

I am in Southern California and between my wife and myself we have at least two packages delivered each week to our home.

Hands down Fed Ex wins! They are ALWAYS on time and their two-day delivery is phenomenal. I just ordered something from SameDayMusic.Com in New Jersey and they Fed Ex'd it 2nd day free and it was here when expected!

UPS to us is just like the Post Office - you might get it on time and in good shape but you probably won't.

Weird.

Tommy

Hey Tommy ,

Man oh man , when are you going to give the independent music dealers a call ?

George Kaye and Dan O's Keyboard City ?

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

#211808 - 01/23/04 08:36 AM Re: UPS vs FedEx
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:

Hey Tommy ,

Man oh man , when are you going to give the independent music dealers a call ?

George Kaye and Dan O's Keyboard City ?

Ahhhh but I do! I purchased my Ketron XD3 from George Kaye even though I had to pay state tax on it. I only purchase the little stuff from the Internet as it is very convenient.

Anything big goes local.

Tommy

#211809 - 01/23/04 09:03 AM Re: UPS vs FedEx
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
And I thank you Tommy for buying your XD3 from my store!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#211810 - 01/23/04 09:52 AM Re: UPS vs FedEx
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
When I sold a few Boards on eBay in the past. I went Mailbox ECT... Was about $45- $60 and they said it was for ups ground. So I went to Fed-ex and the same board which cost $50 at Ect was $15 bucks Fed-ex ground.
Mail Box sure is jacking up their end of the deal for being around every corner... So now everything is fed-ex ground...
DJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online