SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#213485 - 12/06/02 05:20 PM danos tunes
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Update 01/04/04...wwww.keyboardcity.net

Ketron SD1 + Zoom 1044 HDR . Take Care .

Dan O'Neil in Baltimore

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 01-04-2004).]

#213486 - 12/06/02 07:56 PM Re: danos tunes
trtjazz Offline

Dan,
OK....I'll go easy

Shorline was my favorite of the lot.

Here's some of my thoughts especially on Shorline....concentrate on the mix a bit more to get everything it's right space in the mix. With Shorline the vocals are barely audible. I try to visualize a band on stage with all the different instruments and what would I be hearing if I had the best seats in the house. How strong would one instrument be to the others etc. Look for a balance that is pleasing to the ear with nothing getting lost or nothing jumping in your face either.

The other thing..... I know Andrea likes to do the zips too.....honestly I find them annoying....and I think that will keep some from d/l'n if you put up your own site, you might consider just putting up shorter mp3's, so one can just click and listen rather than having to unzip and deal with all the winzip stuff and then delete the file afterward. If someone asks for the full version, you can always zip it to them.

Overall not bad, 1st Attempt very 50's rock & roll, mystery a more modern rock piece, again Shoreline more to my liking.
jam on,
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-06-2002).]

#213487 - 12/06/02 11:41 PM Re: danos tunes
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
Sounds like you've been having fun DanO.
I like "Get It" and "First Attempt" Cool backing vocal parts. The drums really kick. I assume that this is all SD-1?
Bill

#213488 - 12/07/02 06:06 AM Re: danos tunes
DanO1 Offline

All SD1 .

Terry ,
I agree the vocals should be up more in shoreline . I added a nice string ensemble the other day to this song .It makes a hugh difference . Oh ....I also have added some arpegiated string parts as well to help the pace . I also made asjustments on how I sing the 11st phrase . Thanks for your insight .

I left the mp3 handling up to my friend siggi . I had no control over wheather they were zipped or not .

Bill ,
All SD1 . Could you here the techno riff I placed behind the main beat of the song ?

I made it a little more pronouced and also blended the vocal harmony parts as well .

dan

#213489 - 12/07/02 08:25 AM Re: danos tunes
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Danny Boy !
Great songs, but turn up the mic ! Your vocals are buried, my friend.

#213490 - 12/07/02 08:34 AM Re: danos tunes
DanO1 Offline

I have remixed the songs with more volumne on the vocals . Still a learning process .

dano

#213491 - 12/08/02 12:33 AM Re: danos tunes
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Dan,
"Mystery" has a 70's influence that I associate with a Brian Auger song called "Whenever you're ready". Do you know the tune?

#213492 - 12/08/02 02:47 AM Re: danos tunes
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dan,
I am listening to your songs right now.
"First attempt": nice funky feeling; I like the brass and the organs.
"Get it": again another funky number, but the sound is more contemporary and the recording quality is better (more high frequencies). Nice effect on the voice; I like also the background metallic synth sound. Very nice electric guitar solo towards the end.
"Mystery": beautiful swirling synth sound; very nice electric guitar. You definitely like funky tunes, don't you? The bass does not sound part of the style: did you play it live? The synthy sound going up and down is maybe too loud in the mix. I can definitely understand here why you are always talking of the SD1 wha guitar effect: very nice.
"Shoreline": another favorite SD1 topic of yours: the Tribal Age style; well, that's an original way to put it at work (I have often wondered how to use it). Nice chorus, which makes a pleasant contrast with the verse.
"Spirit": echoes from the 60's here? CSN&Y maybe? Very nice anyway. Beautiful voices.
Congratulations: keep'em coming.

#213493 - 12/08/02 06:03 AM Re: danos tunes
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Dan,
"Mystery" has a 70's influence that I associate with a Brian Auger song called "Whenever you're ready". Do you know the tune?

Sorry UD ....never heard of Brian Auger . Dan

#213494 - 12/08/02 06:11 AM Re: danos tunes
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Dan,
I am listening to your songs right now.
"First attempt": nice funky feeling; I like the brass and the organs.
"Get it": again another funky number, but the sound is more contemporary and the recording quality is better (more high frequencies). Nice effect on the voice; I like also the background metallic synth sound. Very nice electric guitar solo towards the end.
"Mystery": beautiful swirling synth sound; very nice electric guitar. You definitely like funky tunes, don't you? The bass does not sound part of the style: did you play it live? The synthy sound going up and down is maybe too loud in the mix. I can definitely understand here why you are always talking of the SD1 wha guitar effect: very nice.
"Shoreline": another favorite SD1 topic of yours: the Tribal Age style; well, that's an original way to put it at work (I have often wondered how to use it). Nice chorus, which makes a pleasant contrast with the verse.
"Spirit": echoes from the 60's here? CSN&Y maybe? Very nice anyway. Beautiful voices.
Congratulations: keep'em coming.

Thanks dreamer . I added a string ensemble line to shoreline right near the end pf the song . I am also experimenting with an arpegiated string part from the baroque style to add a little pace to the song .
The words of the song are my favorite , especially , "looking at your child , a story untold" . I did remix an acoustic guitar strum into the tribal age style . I also experimented with a solid body guitar riff , but liked the acoustic sound better .

Acoustic guitar from 8beat4 .

I added another tune called "touched" . Listen for the guitar "wha" .

Oh ...and yes ....I like funky stuff .

BTW ..I use the wha wha effect because the rock guitars on the SD1 are a little to be desired without it . I hope Ketron makes some changes with the rock guitars with 4.0.

Dreamer , have you tried any of the new styles for SD1 ? Dan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online