SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#228829 - 03/09/08 03:19 PM Style ?
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I'm just wondering what would happen if I took a tyros 2 style and tried to play it on the s900?

For instance, If I copied my T2 MFD and I overwrite the s900MFD amd lets just say I have the missing styles on on the s900 in the user area.

Do i get an almost T2 less the additional SA voices and the 3rd layered right hand voices?

Just trying to duplicate the T2 MFD as close as possible so I can grab the s900 as a backup when i need it.

any other suggestions for acomplishing this?

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey
www.mikeymaestro.com www.balloonanimal.com www.1000colorcards.com

[This message has been edited by mikey_maestro (edited 03-09-2008).]

#228830 - 03/09/08 04:46 PM Re: Style ?
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Mikey - I went through the same drill. I occasionally back up a singer and I have all the songs for her show in T2 registrations. When I got the S900, I copied all the T2 registrations to a thumb drive and then imported them onto the S900. Problem is (I believe - it's been a while since I did this)....that if the registration is pointing at the user area or hard drive, when you load the registration into the S900 it'll want to find the styles in the same places. So if you copy the registration to the S900 and select a registration and the style is on the thumb drive, the S900 will default to an on-board style (most likely the last style you used). But if you then select your style where it is located on the S900 (including the thumb drive as I recall), you can save it and it will work after that.

I think that's how it worked for me with the registrations.

Hope that helps a little - let us know how it works out for you!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#228831 - 03/09/08 04:50 PM Re: Style ?
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
i'm just trying to bring styles over, not the reg files, What if I just place any indifferent styles in the user area from the get go . will the MFD then work seamlessly?

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#228832 - 03/09/08 04:51 PM Re: Style ?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mikey,

Download a copy of Michael Bedesem's Music Finder View which now includes updates for the S900. Then it's just a matter of copying your MFD to the USB drive, place the drive in the computer and convert it to the S900, then plug the drive into the S900 and load the new MFD. If you get stuck, give me a call and I'll walk you through the process.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online