SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#24181 - 12/17/02 02:50 AM Question about using performances on JV1010
BJB Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi.I'm fairly new with MIDI and wondered if anyone could tell me how to use performances. I have a JV1010 and uses a Yamaha P-150(older brother to P-200) as a master keyboard. Also uses the Sounddiver-software that came with the JV1010 when I bought it. I've understod that in performance mode the module is able to play 16 different instruments(patches) at the same time, but I haven't figured out how to do it and how to use the performances. As far as I've found out the P-150 can only transmit at one channel at the time and therefore only play one part. Is this the case with other keyboards as well? Can the performances only be uses with a sequenser or can it be uses in "live" playing as well.
If someone bother to answer my "novice" question I'd be most grateful.
Sincerly BJB

#24182 - 12/19/02 02:49 PM Re: Question about using performances on JV1010
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
You need to use layered performances instead of single performances. You'll probably end up customizing your own user performances if you want to play several patches live. Most of the preset performances are single performances; one patch per part per channel. Layered performances allow up to 16 patches to play at once; though why you would want to do this I don't know, as you would be eating up polyphony hugely.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online