SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#24597 - 07/01/01 09:35 AM How do I Shift selected track data back?
TMS Offline

Loc: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Refering to the XP-80

Hello, when I insert measures in the middle of track data and cannot undo, how do I selected a certain area of data (notes) and move them back to a certain position before. Do I use delete to do this?

Furthermore, when I copy a track 1 into track 2, I also get its part of the performance, which I don't want but only the notes. So when I play channel 2, it actually plays channel 1 part as well. How do I get only the notes but not the part? Thanks in advance...

#24598 - 07/01/01 11:50 AM Re: How do I Shift selected track data back?
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
>>>how do I selected a certain area of data (notes) and move them back to a certain position before. Do I use delete to do this?

Edit -> 11. Shift Clock

That function will ask you to define your Target Track and Measure From/To, your status (what data you want to shift), Channel, etc.

>>Furthermore, when I copy a track 1 into track 2, I also get its part of the performance,

Part? What does that mean? From the rest of your question, it seems you mean "channel number."

>> which I don't want but only the notes. So when I play channel 2, it actually plays channel 1 part as well.

Because you didn't changae the channel on the new track.

>>How do I get only the notes but not the part?

You can't. You have to change the channel on the new track after you have copied the data.

Edit ->7 Change MIDI Channel

#24599 - 07/02/01 05:56 AM Re: How do I Shift selected track data back?
TMS Offline

But what if I want to shift the sequence data by beats and measures rather than clocks? Then what function would I use?

#24600 - 07/02/01 07:38 AM Re: How do I Shift selected track data back?
dnarkosis Offline

You can only select "Measures From" and "For (Forward to)," not beats or clocks.

I'm unsure what your exact situation is, but there are workarounds in some (not all) situations, e.g., deleting all but that data, saving it as a separate song, editing it as a separate song (changing the time signature sometimes helps to isolate more of the data in measures), then loading it back into the original song as a Track, etc.

But you may just have to move/shift some of the bleedover manually, i.e., anything falling outside the area you define/select by measures.

Hope this helps.

#24601 - 07/02/01 07:46 AM Re: How do I Shift selected track data back?
dnarkosis Offline

I'm sorry, I completely misread your last post.

It seems you are asking how to move data by entire beats and measures rather than by clocks. Is that right?

You still use Shift, but the only increments it gives you are Clocks, so you have to move the data in Clocks until you get the number of beats and measures you want. For every beat you want to move the data, move it 96 clocks. For every measure, move it 96 clocks 4 times.

I know, that seems circumstantial, and it is, but I think Roland assumes you are going to use this function for discrete shifts, and for larger moves (by beats and measures) you'll use the COPY function: just copy (or even EXTRACT) the data to another track at the desired location, erase the original data (if you didn't extract it), and then copy it back to the original track.

Does this answer your question?

Sorry again. Brainlock on my part.

#24602 - 07/05/01 12:34 AM Re: How do I Shift selected track data back?
TMS Offline

Hmmmm, I understand now. Thanks Dnarkosis.
:^)

#24603 - 07/05/01 12:39 AM Re: How do I Shift selected track data back?
TMS Offline

I got another problem. It only happened once to me, but it could happen again. When I save my work as SVQ or MID and then play it from disk (also happens when loaded to internal memory and played)the tempo begins very slowly, and then at the very end, bursts out in ludicrious speed, which I did not expect it to do, since all tempo I programmed should be constant. It almost seems that the XP80 is struggling with the processing of data. Almost like insufficient buffering. Does anybody here have the same problem? If so can they please help me. Thanks in much advance.

[This message has been edited by TMS (edited 07-05-2001).]

#24604 - 07/05/01 09:04 AM Re: How do I Shift selected track data back?
dnarkosis Offline

Go into microscope mode and check your Tempo Track. You may have entered some Tempo data without realizing it.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online