SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#24786 - 06/21/00 11:10 AM Re: dRUMZ
Al_a_man Offline

Loc: U.K
>I just got your stuff (it took me sometime >yes but i am very busy latelly, i had to >propose a project for my M.Sc final module. >I proposed something with audio signal >processing in it)

goo good, good luck with the work. signal processing, as in fx/vocoders etc?

>The patterns are very usuable, common basic >stuff that i ll probaly be using >everywhere. Ithink by now i have loads of >stuff (something like 2000 patterns) all i >need is to categorize them.

uh huh, I must remember to whack in some basics for midi peeps/people who can't do drum/bass lines well when I put my website up (when that happens...)

>I think i like drums as much io like >guitars. I 'll certanly spend sometime >learnining my way around the kit.

I'm a board player and midi freak, but I still enjoy bashing both of psych's kits (leccy/acoustic) as well as hitting bongos...
there's something very playable in percussion I feel.

Al

#24787 - 06/29/00 03:30 AM Re: dRUMZ
Animaniac Offline

Loc: Coventry,WM,England
Al,

I would be very interested in listening to some of your music, have you got anything on the web?

ps: go ahead with the web site put some resources up, and dont forget....flams! (have you got any in midi?)

#24788 - 06/29/00 10:41 AM Re: dRUMZ
Al_a_man Offline

Loc: U.K
<>

Unfortunaetly not, I have yet to requisition some webspace, you'll be the first to hear though...
Much of my music still needs tweaks, and, ideally, a band, you can have the midi files, but they'll sound dodgy on anything less than an Xp-50... <>

<>

unfotunately Alex (Psych) is away in spain w/girlfriend, so I'll harass him when he gets back :-)
Al

#24789 - 10/10/00 04:17 AM Re: dRUMZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's true, i'm pretty late for anwsering your question about the "not so good drums" in your (and the one I own) XP-80.

I think it's pretty simple to make your drumsounds sound better, I use a few different ways.

A. Try to make your EFX free for the drum track, now for each drumsample it's possible to modify the amount of EFX, and now the important thing try some, especially the compressor can make your sound pretty fat/thick.

B. You can also make drumsounds in patch mode, now the drumsounds are having much more possibilities, the biggest advantage is now haviing the booster for your drumsounds, and that makes a big diggerence! When your not sattisfied at first glance just keep trying adjusting some filter values, pitch values (detune) and envelope values.

C. Try layering the drumsounds, but when you do this you have to experiment with the filters (also the BPF and HPF besides the LPF)
I hope you can take you're advantage with these 3 points, please let me now if it was for any help for you.
I'm a newbee, so excuse me if these are common known facts, or maybe they are but didn.t you think of these possibilities.

Succes!

P.S. Let me know if you got some other interesting point for improving the drum sounds.

------------------
Amsterdam (NL)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online