SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#247923 - 11/11/08 08:23 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Good point Donny..., it's not the keyboard that gets old and dated as fast anymore. It's often the player reaches their limits.., and their own limitations (to them) become dated on the current keyboard they have. So to fix that.., get a new keyboard so that the same old.., sounds different to them. Then wash rinse and repeat.

If users took more time to explore the features of their current keyboards they'd save themselves a lot of money.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#247924 - 11/11/08 08:37 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
just wondering if Roland will be releasing any new arranger?

or will they just show us the GW-8 again ...

With the Tyros3 out and possibly AUDYA coming..
i hope Roland releases THE KING OF ALL ARRANGER...

i want kick ass authentic styles and sounds in a light well built package which is expandable, that's it..

oh, and no speakers on it please, that it so hobby/home like,

and don't care for harmonizer, vocal tuning etc, learn how to sing !!! :-)

I am guessing they won't. Roland is not exactly going after that business especially in the US. The E60 is was released last year and can not be found at any major MI marketplace in the US.

Oh and as far as Harmonizers and learning to sing go....How does one create vocal harmonies with one Voice. I could be wrong don;t even think Caruso or Robert Plant could do that!!
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#247925 - 11/11/08 08:37 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Well, at least Roland don't start a big hype years before
we can see the goodies in the shop.

I think Roland learned this lesson the hard way. Back in the day when I was selling them (early nineties) they were notorious for promoting the hell out of newly launched models and having no stock available to order (the U-220 and E-70 being memorable examples).

#247926 - 11/11/08 08:44 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Good point Donny..., it's not the keyboard that gets old and dated as fast anymore. It's often the player reaches their limits.., and their own limitations (to them) become dated on the current keyboard they have. So to fix that.., get a new keyboard so that the same old.., sounds different to them. Then wash rinse and repeat.

If users took more time to explore the features of their current keyboards they'd save themselves a lot of money.

Spot on Squeak!!!

btw wish you were coming to the Arranger KB jam in Louisiana, January 18,19,20,21 man what a blast its gonna be, love to meet ya!!

#247927 - 11/11/08 08:59 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'd love to go, but won't be able to make it. I almost got out there to see you and Fran last month. I was going to travel over with my parents (who were going to take my grandmother) back home to Levittown to visit for a week. However, grandma has alzheimers and (again) backed out on the trip in the end.

I haven't been to Levittown since my grandfather died years back. Fun place..., spent a lot of my summers on Primrose Street, and much time at the school's playground around the corner, and pool down the street.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#247928 - 11/11/08 10:35 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
leezone Offline

how do you create harmonies you ask?

easy, get some more singers in your band

or get a dedicated xox like that new Harmony M, i think it's called,

i think a keyboard should be a keyboard, not a vocal effects unit,

use the "vocal" money saved from not putting it in the keyboard and put in more memory onboard for better and more sounds

#247929 - 11/11/08 11:09 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
......i think a keyboard should be a keyboard, not a vocal effects unit,

use the "vocal" money saved from not putting it in the keyboard and put in more memory onboard for better and more sounds

Depends of what customers/users who is the target. Arranger keyboard, or autocomp keyboards
as some prefer to call it, are perfect for "one man bands" or duos.
The more features put in it (usable of course), the less items to carry around.

Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#247930 - 11/11/08 12:52 PM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
I'd love to go, but won't be able to make it. I almost got out there to see you and Fran last month. I was going to travel over with my parents (who were going to take my grandmother) back home to Levittown to visit for a week. However, grandma has alzheimers and (again) backed out on the trip in the end.

I haven't been to Levittown since my grandfather died years back. Fun place..., spent a lot of my summers on Primrose Street, and much time at the school's playground around the corner, and pool down the street.

OK Squeak maybe another time ....
Fran & I had breakfast there yesterday ....we'll catch up down the road.
Meeting my long time friend Don M is my Dream come true I hope some more people will try to make it top teh Jam also gonna be something for sure!

#247931 - 11/11/08 12:55 PM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
leezone Offline

how bout we add DVD, video playback so we can watch movies while we play...

popcorn maker....

and how bout we add a beer dispenser (tap) to the keyboard also... :-)

#247932 - 11/11/08 12:56 PM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Dnj Offline

Drinking while you work is a big NO NO!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online