SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#24797 - 04/15/99 11:44 AM Korg Trinity vs Xp60
Kat Offline

Loc: Switzerland
Hi there,

Which one of these 2 synths is the best, for heavy metal music playing ?

I use a xp60 + JV2080 + a "old" JV 90, and I like their sounds very much, but a friend of mine told me that Roland is very far from the sounds of the Korg synths, I've never heard a Trinity before, but i ask you, Roland lovers, what do you think about the Trinity from Korg.

Big Kisses

Kat

#24798 - 04/18/99 07:19 PM Re: Korg Trinity vs Xp60
Anonymous
Unregistered

My opinion is that these two synthesizer, the
XP-Serie and the Trinity-Serie, have a very
different sound character. The Trinity sounds more like a "live"-Instrument, the Roland sounds more like a "studio"-Instrument. You can create better distorted and warm sounds with the Trinity. But that doesnīt mean that these sounds arenīt brilliant - they are. The Trinity has got very good filters and a better effect-section. The Trinity has got more power when playing with a band because it comes more from the middle. On the other side sounds Roland expensive, too. The XP-Serie has got very good standard-sounds. The possibility to create "new" Synthi-like sounds is easier on a Trinity - and you donīt need to buy an expansion. I think that both Workstations have their character and very good sounds. You donīt need to buy a Trinity only because your friend means that. Bye !

#24799 - 04/29/99 07:54 AM Re: Korg Trinity vs Xp60
DonaldS Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Kat.

You can download some mp3 demo samples of the Trinity and a few other synths at this site: http://www.sweetwater.com/audio-demos/home.html You can hear for yourself if the Korg has the sound you are looking for. And it is silver. :-)

There are also Roland samples to download at another site but I suppose you know the Rolands pretty well. XP and a 2080, nice setup.

Donald

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online