SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#24988 - 01/22/01 11:41 AM For the MP3 guru
Villalobos Offline

Loc: Chicago IL U.S.A
I need help.
But first I want to say that I just purchased the Orchestral II Board after comparing it with the Orchestral 1. For all of you who want to know which one is "better", I would have to say that both are fantastic, but I think the Orchestral 1 should be bought by all those who want to do some hardcore Classical composition. I'm talking Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach stuff. That board is mandatory for you to have. Now , if you want to do some New Age, Film Soundtrack, Xena/Hercules, Star Wars/Titanic, Enya/Yanni,stuff...then you MUST get the Orchestral II. I fall into the latter category. You agree???
Now, onto my question.
I have a laptop and an XP-80. I want to make MP3s of the pieces I create on the almighty XP-80. What cables/equipment do I need in order to connect the two so that I can then convert the audio into an MP3?? What do you guys use? And then what program do you recommend I use to make an actual MP3?
May the Roland gods bless thee for helping this poor soul.

#24989 - 01/22/01 05:47 PM Re: For the MP3 guru
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I use MusicMatch software. record into your computer with MusicMatch via your mixer or direct out puts of XP80, It will record onto your hard drive as a wave file. then you can convert using MusicMatch as a MP3..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online