SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#25044 - 02/11/02 09:41 PM Burning Synth Songs to CD
Hawk Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I have a Roland XP-80 and I want to put the songs I've written on to a CD. Does anybody know about any software on the computer to convert SVQ files to WAV files???? Has anyone ever burned their tracks to a CD??? How??? Thanks for a reply.
-Hawk
Hip Hop MC / Beat Maker

#25045 - 02/12/02 11:25 AM Re: Burning Synth Songs to CD
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
There is no way to convert svq-files into wav-files. How should the svq-file in the computer use the synths internal sounds? There is no easier way as to connect the audio line-out of the synth with the line-in of Your soundcard. Then You can record it as a wav-file.

#25046 - 02/13/02 10:22 AM Re: Burning Synth Songs to CD
stillme Offline

Loc: Michigan/US
I recorded my songs from the xp onto a four track and then played the four track while recording onto Soundforge on my computer, then I burned them. Since my computer only has 1/8" input jacks in back, I used stereo L and R out on the back of my four track, then simply set up sound forge to record and hit play on my four track and then record on soundforge at the same time. That seemed to work pretty good.

#25047 - 02/13/02 12:52 PM Re: Burning Synth Songs to CD
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
Tracey:

Are any of your tunes on a site anywhere?

doug/dnark

#25048 - 03/17/02 12:07 PM Re: Burning Synth Songs to CD
Dr.Oscillator Offline

Loc: Norwich, Uk
Hi Hawk,
I use a program called Cool Edit Pro but you can download the shareware program cool edit 2000 from most good shareware sites. Things to remeber when recording to WAV. is that you must remeber to use a sample rate either lower or equal to that of a CD so record at 44.1khz rather than anything higher and when burning onto CD remeber to chose the audio option in your CD burning software.
Regards

Dr. O

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online