SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#25258 - 12/30/01 01:58 PM XV-5050 ?
Cronet Offline

Loc: Germany
Hiya!

Does someone of you use the XV-5050?

I want to buy me one, to upgrade my Setup (Roland A-90EX with a XP-80).

What experiences you made? Is it a good decision to buy one?
XP-80 proviedes REV Chorus and only 1 EFX Type. Can I use multiple EFX with the XV-5050 ?

Greets

Alex

Cronet

#25259 - 12/30/01 01:31 PM Re: XV-5050 ?
Nimrod Offline

Hear are the specsas described by a dealer/Shop.

64-Voice Synthesizer Module

The Roland XV-5050 debuted at the Tokyo Music Fair 2001, offering a slimmed down, more affordable version of the flagship XV-5080 that fits in a single rack space package while still maintaining some expansion capability.

The unit boasts 1280 patches, including 128 from the new Fantom synthesizer, and a 64-voice, 16-part multitimbral sound engine. There are also plenty of effects to enhance and alter the sounds, including reverb algorithms from the Roland RSV-3030 processor and Roland's COSM technology. There are up to 90 different effects types to choose from, with the ability to use multiple effects together. There is also a 2-band EQ dedicated to each output.

The inputs and outputs on this sound module are fairly standard with one exception - the inclusion of a USB port on the front panel. With USB, you can hook the XV-5050 directly to your computer, eliminating the need for a MIDI interface entirely. Of course, the usual MIDI IN, OUT, and THRU are provided on the rear panel. Four analog outs (which can be used for one or two stereo pairs), S/PDIF (both optical and coax), and a headphone jack make up the audio outputs.

To prevent you from outgrowing the XV-5050, Roland has provided a pair of expansion slots that can accept the new SRX-series expansion boards""..

NR

#25260 - 12/30/01 07:20 PM Re: XV-5050 ?
Cronet Offline

Loc: Germany
Hiya!

Thanx for replaying. I've already read some specs from the official websites. The german roland website described it like this: "... in performance mode you can use one multiefx with 90 types or three with 50 types.... "

But thats a bit unprecise for me...

How is its handling? The sound? Is there the RPS function included? All those things aren't described.

Do someone own the XV-5050 ?

------------------
Greets

Cronet

Cronet

#25261 - 01/01/02 02:25 PM Re: XV-5050 ?
Nimrod Offline

Cronet, I think the 5050 is the same as the Roland Fantom in the effects section, and if so, the following screen shot of the effect, and TEXT taken from Rolands Fantonm spec, will apply to the 5050 too

Quote from Roland on the Fantom EFX:

Powerful Effects Processing

Effects processing is a powerful part of today's sound, and the Fantom includes the history of Roland and BOSS effects. From crystal clear 24-bit reverbs, rhythmic slicer and tempo-based delays, grunge inducing LoFi and Noise processors, to authentic COSM guitar amp and cabinet models, there are 90 MFX algorithms to shape your sounds.

The Fantom features five effect processors - reverb, chorus and 3 MFX processors - plus a 2-band EQ per output. You can choose from any of 50 MFX which can be used three at a time - flanger, overdrive, and slicer; rotary, distortion>delay, and enhancer; etc. The largest algorithms allow one MFX algorithm at a time, but many of those algorithms include multiple effects within an algorithm. For example, Guitar Multi A includes Compressor, Overdrive/Distortion, Amp Simulator, Delay, and Chorus/Flange - five effects on the one processor!

The Fantom also includes new MFX Templates - 96 pre-programmed effects patches to get you dialed in even faster.

-----------------

NR

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online