SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#25274 - 01/03/99 08:10 PM NEW Roland SV-7700
Gorazd Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hi,

Roland shall release the new digital
sampler called SV-7700 at this winter NAMM.
As you probably know from rumours on the
internet that it shall also have place
for SR-JV expansion cards .

Roland should have released it last winter NAMM but the prototipe model has similar specifications like the new AKAI S6000.
So Roland decided to develop even better
machine than AKAI S6000. As you know
Roland was always in its own class, so
they know what means the word professional sampling.

Just listen the new Spectrasonic
Disorted Reality 2 sampling collection
which was sampled on the new SV-7700.

I wish you all the happy new year with the
a long awaited Roland sampler.

Best regards,

Gorazd.

#25275 - 01/14/99 10:43 PM Re: NEW Roland SV-7700
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very interesting about the new sampler-I have an XP60 on approval with a 45 day return policy and am VERY CURIOUS about a new Roland workstation-could this sampler which also takes the expansion boards also be released as a workstation? The other possibility is an XP100 to replace the XP80-possibly it will include analog modeling with the existing XP-JV technology and better steeper filters

#25276 - 01/25/99 01:08 PM Re: NEW Roland SV-7700
fvicente Offline

Loc: Port Moody, BC, Canada
I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement. I've been waiting a while for this and I hope that they do announce the new sampler at this NAMM. I currently have an S-760 and want more polyphony, ram and features.

I've heard that, using the JV cards, you'll be able to load in the raw samples into ram and tweak them as you see fit. Cool!

I've been following the developments on the Emu and Akai fronts and they haven't sounded too promising. The Emu's still have bugs (although they have ironed quite a few now) and the new Akai's are simply terrible. There are random lockups, disk functions don't work reliably and, stereo samples do not play back in phase.

My dealer told me that Roland had an early model of the SV-7700 at last year's NAMM but it wasn't ready yet. I hope Roland release it with as few bugs as they can. I will probably bounce on this right away (and be a guinea pig) and sell a whole bunch of my old gear that I won't need anymore. I'll go down to a 2-keyboard, 1-sampler system.

Anyone have anymore info on this puppy?

#25277 - 02/04/99 11:04 PM Re: NEW Roland SV-7700
lilbro99 Offline

Loc: Hillsboro Mo. 63050 U.S.A
I cheked rolands web site!!! This sounds like hype!!!!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online