SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#253255 - 01/09/09 03:13 PM E-80 SRX -07?
Murrmeister Offline

Hi,
I've got an E80 and RD700GX... the E80 VK Drawbar engine sounds a bit thin along side the RD700GX b3 organ stops.... does anyone use the SRX-07 Ultimate Keys board on the E80 that might be able to comment on the sound quality?

BTW I run both boards through a pair of KC350s running in stereo.

Thanks
Murray

#253256 - 01/09/09 03:28 PM Re: E-80 SRX -07?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/

Do a search for SRX there... plenty of our members use the -07

If you want a REALLY beefy B3 sound, look around for a used Nord Electro Module. It integrates quite well with the Roland's and blows ANY sampled B out of the water (and it's Rhodes', Clavinet's and Wurlitzer's are to die for as well!).

You can always bring it's audio outputs into the E80's input jacks to integrate it with your speakers...

Personally, I've used the RD series, and though the B3 sounds aren't BAD, you don't get the Leslie effect correct (they use sampled Leslie's, which suck!) and can't ramp up or down properly. Also, if the E80 sounds a bit thin, try using your ears to get the sound you want rather than punching up well known B3 drawbar settings. I find that backing off on the upper drawbars, and the 5 1/3' stop can get a bit of depth back in. It's NOT a Nord, but still (IMO) better than using sampled B3 sounds...

#253257 - 01/09/09 03:29 PM Re: E-80 SRX -07?
Murrmeister Offline

please disregard this post, my page was cached in memory and was re-submitted... already have replies. Thanks, Admin can delete.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online