SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#25351 - 09/03/00 09:31 AM Event 20/20 bass
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
What do you guys think of these studio monitors?

ZZounds currently has them for 669$ for the pair.

Thanks for any comments.

#25352 - 09/05/00 12:59 AM Re: Event 20/20 bass
pstares Offline

Loc: UK
The best way to judge speakers is to hear them for yourself. Unlike Synths, Software etc, where it is easier to rate them, monitors are very much a personal preference. For example, many people seem to rave about Spirit absolute 2's and Yamaha MSP5's but I listened to them and though the spirits sounded bad and the Yamaha's were very poor.

Having said that, I haven't heard the events myself but I get the impression from magazines / newsgroups etc. that they're OK but you can do better. I wouldn't buy a pair just because they're on offer; buy some because they sound good and do what you want.

You might want to audition the Dynaudio BM5's, HHB Circle 5's, and Genelec 1029A. These are well worth the £ / $ if you're doing serious audio work.

Go for active monitors if one is available for your choice of speaker and you can afford the extra £ / $. In most cases the difference in price isn't much more than a decent stand-alone power amp and active monitors tend to sound better than their non-powered relatives.

regards,
Pete

#25353 - 09/24/00 10:23 PM Re: Event 20/20 bass
transit712 Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA USA
I have the event's . . . they're great for my room, but it's your preference and the acoustics of YOUR room that matters. But for standard, I depend on the Yamaha NS10's. You don't have to spend a fortune to get the best audio quality or create the best mix (in my opinion). If you find a bargain, that's great! IT's your mix/monitoring world. The Tannoy Reveal's are pretty accurate too. I suggest make a decision, plug em' up, listen to tons of master CD's (or a mix you're familiar with) and tune your room accordingly. Once you listen to them enough, believe me, those monitors will be your absolute favorite.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online