SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#25502 - 02/02/00 02:35 PM XP 30 assignable sliders
manny Offline

I've heard that the slider assignments are global and not unique for every patch. Is this true?
I was hoping that I could for assign for example, slider 1 to control brightness/dullness on one patch but have it control pan or something on another patch. But if the slider settings are global, this wouldn't be possible.

#25503 - 02/02/00 06:34 PM Re: XP 30 assignable sliders
syrupdude Offline

Loc: Austin, TX, USA
Yes and no.

You see, you set globally which midi continuous controller messages are changed for each slider. Let's say (this is a silly setup, but illustrative) that you assign them to numbers 1, 2, 3, 4.

For each patch, you get to choose four continuous controller numbers, and determine what effect, if any, they have upon the patch. So in the cheese example, it would make sense to choose numbers 1, 2, 3, 4.

So, to answer your question, you can have each patch react differently to a slider from another patch. Choosing the cc numbers controlled by the controller is arguably arbitrary [ain't that poetic?].

#25504 - 02/03/00 01:56 PM Re: XP 30 assignable sliders
manny Offline

Thankyou so much for answering my question! I glad to know that each patch can react differently to the sliders. Thanks!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online