SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#25559 - 03/22/03 09:00 AM The Keyboard on XP-80 quit working; what system control did I mess up?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
My keyboard on the XP-80 quit working. I think I might have changed a system control or midi something or other to disable it. I was doing some changes with trying to get things set up to work with a computer using gigastudeo, and inadvertently did something I shouldn't have done. How do I reactivate my keyboard without restoring factory settings?

#25560 - 04/09/03 06:57 AM Re: The Keyboard on XP-80 quit working; what system control did I mess up?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
WOW! I'm not sure if anyone has contacted you on this one, but if you may have changed something under system control, I strongly suggest you contact Roland on that one.. I used ot own the XP-60, and I've have never heard of anyone losing the use of the keys.... If you don't want to contact Roland and the only thing you've lost is use of the keys you may want to consider a factory reset on this one...

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 04-09-2003).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#25561 - 04/09/03 08:22 AM Re: The Keyboard on XP-80 quit working; what system control did I mess up?
Bahamut Offline

or maybe you just have to:
press 'System' then 'MIDI' (F3) and check if 'Local Switch' is on. If not, turn it on

#25562 - 04/09/03 08:47 AM Re: The Keyboard on XP-80 quit working; what system control did I mess up?
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
If the "local" was turned off, that would do it as Bahamut mentioned. I'm not an owner of the XP-80. If the "local" setting didn't help (and it needs to be on), Maybe you have then "transmit channel" set to something odd. Like if you're in performance mode with a multi-timbral set-up and the 16th part lets say was set to mute or some patch that doesn't produce a sound, AND your keyboard is playing part 16 by mistake, that could do it.

I'd first check to make sure your midi transmit channel is set to something common, like 1 and that your "local" is on.

Best wishes
Bob
<><

#25563 - 04/12/03 05:19 PM Re: The Keyboard on XP-80 quit working; what system control did I mess up?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
That's what it was. Local was turned off. I actually figured it out a couple weeks ago but forgot to erase my post. Thanks for the help anyway. Kind of worried me for a while

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online