SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#255857 - 02/09/09 04:49 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Pound for pound, yours IS the better arranger, Ian...

I know it is for me.

We all use what gets the job done, and has the sound we like to hear.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 02-09-2009).]

#255858 - 03/03/09 06:22 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
Dnj Offline

V-Piano wins coveted "Best in Show" award at NAMM
The V-Piano has earned the coveted "Best in Show" award at NAMM 2009, in recognition of its breakthrough technology. "This is an unbelievable sound. The first time I heard it, I said it's like sticking your head inside a Steinway D," raves panelist Greg Billings of Steinway Piano Gallery. "If you thought the V-Drums revolutionised electronic drums or the V-Guitar revolutionised guitars, this is beyond." You can catch the V-Piano at the UK launch, held at the Arnolfini Theatre, Bristol on Wednesday 4th March - ticketed entry is free and the show starts at 11am.

#255859 - 03/03/09 03:37 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"You can catch the V-Piano at the UK launch, held at the Arnolfini Theatre, Bristol on Wednesday 4th March - ticketed entry is free and the show starts at 11am."

Anybody going tomorrow to the big launch? It looks to be very intriguing indeed. If a Steinway staff member can say something so astounding in regards to the new Roland V-Piano then you know it's gotta be extra special. If you remember, I said roughly the same thing i.e. "closest thing ever to a 9' Steinway D" in keyboard form. And that was from just hearing it online from a compressed audio demo on Roland's site.

I predict the V-Piano will be a HUGE success for Roland, even at the high price tag that comes along with it. Why you say?? Well, for one thing it sounds like a real acoustic grand Piano yet is actually semi-portable (especially when compared to the real thing). Yes, yes.. (as the crowd echos from the bleachers) Okay, another thing is the price would actually be considered a "steal" compared to buying a real 9' concert Steinway D right?

The V-Piano will be a HUGE seller to churches in my opinion too, i.e. those who want a "real" acoustic piano sound but might not have enough room (or resources) for the real thing.

Yes indeed! Yamaha and Korg must be drooling with envy (or a panic attack.. ) right about now I would think. Ain't competition grand!

We'll see what Yammie or Korg can come out with in "ten" to "twenty" years or so, to challenge it. For now though, Roland is admirably sitting on the king's throne enjoying the magnificent view from the top of that glorious mountain called achievement. Bravissimo Roland!

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 03-03-2009).]

#255860 - 03/03/09 03:43 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
Dnj Offline

And Mike imagine what it would sound like through the Podium 802's :eek;

#255861 - 03/03/09 03:57 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
This is probably just the start of some killer piano related hardware coming from Roland. I have a strong feeling Roland in the future is also going to release a killer ARX Piano Board for the Fantom G. It probably won't be a V-Piano but will most likely have killer editing options. Roland has raised the bar with the V-Piano. To have someone from Steinway make such a positive remark is a good sign.., plus the V-Piano can be had for MUCH MUCH less than the cost of a real acoustic grand piano.., and will let you do SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than a traditional acoustic piano.., digital, or current workstation based piano. The bar has been raised and it will be very interesting to see Yamaha and Korg's answer to the V-Piano.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255862 - 03/03/09 04:09 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Right you are Donny. It is advisable to use the best speakers possible for such a fine instrument.

Most churches would already have a good quality sound system in place most likely though. For individual users who need their own speakers to use with the V-Piano, I would hope they would splurge on a good pair. Speakers really are the most important aspect of a rig apart from the keyboard itself, in my opinion. It helps if one can actually play the keys too.

All the best,
Mike

#255863 - 03/03/09 04:19 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Most churches music departments struggle to raise cash for instruments and the ones available typically belong to the musicians themselves. If you think the V piano is going to be bought by churches in any great number then you are sadly mistaken.

But good luck to Roland with this product.

#255864 - 03/03/09 04:20 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
imagine what it would sound like through the Podium 802's :eek;

The V-Piano is set up to use four decent sized monitors...it outputs to four speakers (two for stereo, and two for the ambiance of the room).

I imagine Roland will recommend their own monitors...what type is anybody's guess so far.

It would probably be unwise to skimp on speaker quality, especially at this level.

Ian

#255865 - 03/03/09 04:35 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
Dnj Offline

so get 4 802's

#255866 - 03/03/09 04:38 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
Most churches music departments struggle to raise cash for instruments and the ones available typically belong to the musicians themselves. If you think the V piano is going to be bought by churches in any great number then you are sadly mistaken.

But good luck to Roland with this product.

Absolutely.

Consider as well the state of the economy, and the likelihood of churches using this instrument gets even smaller.

Korg and Yamaha have already been making products that use the same technology the V-Piano is based on...they will wisely wait and see where it goes, and then if successful, they'll make their own versions.

The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Ian

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online