SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#255867 - 03/03/09 04:47 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I would doubt that you need the secondary speaker pair in a church, or, to be honest, any decent sized room. Sounds more like a feature for surround sound film score and recording use to me...

To be honest, I wouldn't anticipate any imminent cross pollination to other products. Roland generally allow exclusivity for a few years on any new groundbreaking technology, V-Drums, VK organ, V-Guitar - all of these took several years before they made any trickle down appearance. Stands to reason, really, as Roland need to recoup the R&D before going down-market...

The future does look promising, though.

#255868 - 03/03/09 04:58 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Absolutely.

Consider as well the state of the economy, and the likelihood of churches using this instrument gets even smaller.

Korg and Yamaha have already been making products that use the same technology the V-Piano is based on...they will wisely wait and see where it goes, and then if successful, they'll make their own versions.

The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Ian

Funny the S900 is ALL the Piano I need

#255869 - 03/03/09 05:09 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Funny the S900 is ALL the Piano I need

For arranger use I really like the S900's piano as it fits so well in the mix.

For solo piano (using the P85 as a midi controller) it is less effective, but serviceable enough for now.

Ian

#255870 - 03/03/09 05:11 PM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by big741.1:

Nothing will change. The guitar player and the singer will get all the girls, the drummer and bass player will get all the beer, and the keyboard player will get the hernia....

Dan

Hahahahaha! Good one.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online