Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 32 of 53 < 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 52 53 >
Topic Options
#257480 - 03/04/09 04:24 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I bet the 10s might get the bass for the organ. You can exchange and move up for $50 or so!

Zuki, the 8's were what I wanted as I never intended to use them standalone. If I had, I probably would have gone with the 12's or 15's. Until and unless I get a Leslie or MotionSound, I will always run the organ through the tube channel on the K4 (reallly warms it up). Got to match the equipment to the effect you're going after. For the venues I play, I think the K4/802 combo is going to be killer. We'll see.

chas

#257481 - 03/04/09 04:37 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Zuki, the 8's were what I wanted as I never intended to use them standalone. If I had, I probably would have gone with the 12's or 15's. Until and unless I get a Leslie or MotionSound, I will always run the organ through the tube channel on the K4 (reallly warms it up). Got to match the equipment to the effect you're going after. For the venues I play, I think the K4/802 combo is going to be killer. We'll see.

chas

Chas, then that means you give the 802's a big thumbs up?

#257482 - 03/04/09 04:42 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Fran, stop trying to run the post count up.

Doh, tricked again.

chas

#257483 - 03/04/09 06:17 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
A confused mind is a terrible thing to waste.

chas

Or as Dan Quayle once said at a NACCP convention, attempting to say their slogan of It's a terrible thing to waste a mind, he said, "It's a terrible thing to lose your mind". That guy was incredible.

#257484 - 03/04/09 06:19 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Scott Langholff Offline

After hearing a 12" version was soon coming, I asked for the specs. Here they are:

We are very excited to bring you Podium Pro Audio's Powered DJ, PA and Musical Instrument 12" 2-Way Speaker. This active speaker is perfect for events. Mix in a CD player, rhythm machine and/or keyboard with your voice, no other equipment needed! Sophisticated design and measurement equipment, including computer assisted design software was used to design this speaker to achieve an optimized balance and interface between components to give the best quality performance and longer life. The 75oz 12" woofer with accordion edge surround and 3" aluminum voice coil deliver rich highs, deep bass and are always crystal clear. The wide dispersion titanium membrane tweeter with 2" voice coil delivers extraordinary high-frequency extension due to a design that combines very high motor strength with low moving mass. The four-port port design smooths air flowing in and out of the cabinet, reducing turbulence and port noise. The four ports also increase linearity, lowers distortion, reduces 5th order harmonic distortion, provide an output increase as high as 2-3 dB and help to reach extra low bass.

The most exciting feature of this powered speaker is the built in amplifier. 400 watts RMS and 800 watts max power output is perfect for any audio application. The amp features a combination XLR and 1/4 inch jack input and separate volume control for a microphone. An XLR input for one additional component and another XLR input for second component. An XLR line level output for adding an additional powered speaker. Master volume control knob, treble knob, mid knob, bass knob and 3a fuse round out the awesome features of this built in amp. This speaker is used by musicians, DJ's, rental companies and many fixed installations including houses of worship, theaters, music halls, meeting rooms, amusement parks, hotels, stadiums, nightclubs and auditoriums.

The rugged, lightweight ABS plastic cabinet has a side handle, rubber feet and a pole mount with knob adjustment to secure to any size speaker stand. The angled side is designed for use as a stage monitor and the top of the cabinet has stacking grooves for stacking one speaker on top of another. Power cable and full instructions are included. Priced and sold as one speaker.

Specifications

1 Brand New 2-Way Powered Speaker 400 Watts RMS & 800 Watts Max Sensitivity is 101db with 25-20,000 Hz Frequency Response Woofer is a Deluxe 12" 8ohm 75oz Driver Wide Dispersion Titanium Membrane Tweeter Four Ports 800 Watts Max Output Combination XLR and 1/4" Jack Input & Volume Control for Microphone Two XLR Inputs for Two Additional Components XLR Line Level Output for an Additional Powered Speaker Master Volume, Treble, Mid and Bass Control Knobs Angled, Rugged, Lightweight ABS Plastic Cabinet with Rubber Feet and Handle Pole Mount with Knob Adjustment for Stand Stack able Height 24.75" x Width 17" x Depth 14.25" 43 Pounds All Components Hooked Up To This Speaker Must Be at Line Level This Auction and Price is for 1 Brand New Speaker
Randall
OnlyFactoryDirect.com

#257485 - 03/04/09 06:23 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Scott without a doubt I would take the 15" version over the 12"..only another 12 pounds and 1,000 watts/ 2,000 watts peak

#257486 - 03/04/09 06:27 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
After hearing a 12" version was soon coming, I asked for the specs. Here they are:

We are very excited to bring you Podium Pro Audio's Powered DJ, PA and Musical Instrument 12" 2-Way Speaker. This active speaker is perfect for events. Mix in a CD player, rhythm machine and/or keyboard with your voice, no other equipment needed! Sophisticated design and measurement equipment, including computer assisted design software was used to design this speaker to achieve an optimized balance and interface between components to give the best quality performance and longer life. The 75oz 12" woofer with accordion edge surround and 3" aluminum voice coil deliver rich highs, deep bass and are always crystal clear. The wide dispersion titanium membrane tweeter with 2" voice coil delivers extraordinary high-frequency extension due to a design that combines very high motor strength with low moving mass. The four-port port design smooths air flowing in and out of the cabinet, reducing turbulence and port noise. The four ports also increase linearity, lowers distortion, reduces 5th order harmonic distortion, provide an output increase as high as 2-3 dB and help to reach extra low bass.

The most exciting feature of this powered speaker is the built in amplifier. 400 watts RMS and 800 watts max power output is perfect for any audio application. The amp features a combination XLR and 1/4 inch jack input and separate volume control for a microphone. An XLR input for one additional component and another XLR input for second component. An XLR line level output for adding an additional powered speaker. Master volume control knob, treble knob, mid knob, bass knob and 3a fuse round out the awesome features of this built in amp. This speaker is used by musicians, DJ's, rental companies and many fixed installations including houses of worship, theaters, music halls, meeting rooms, amusement parks, hotels, stadiums, nightclubs and auditoriums.

The rugged, lightweight ABS plastic cabinet has a side handle, rubber feet and a pole mount with knob adjustment to secure to any size speaker stand. The angled side is designed for use as a stage monitor and the top of the cabinet has stacking grooves for stacking one speaker on top of another. Power cable and full instructions are included. Priced and sold as one speaker.

Specifications

1 Brand New 2-Way Powered Speaker 400 Watts RMS & 800 Watts Max Sensitivity is 101db with 25-20,000 Hz Frequency Response Woofer is a Deluxe 12" 8ohm 75oz Driver Wide Dispersion Titanium Membrane Tweeter Four Ports 800 Watts Max Output Combination XLR and 1/4" Jack Input & Volume Control for Microphone Two XLR Inputs for Two Additional Components XLR Line Level Output for an Additional Powered Speaker Master Volume, Treble, Mid and Bass Control Knobs Angled, Rugged, Lightweight ABS Plastic Cabinet with Rubber Feet and Handle Pole Mount with Knob Adjustment for Stand Stack able Height 24.75" x Width 17" x Depth 14.25" 43 Pounds All Components Hooked Up To This Speaker Must Be at Line Level This Auction and Price is for 1 Brand New Speaker
Randall
OnlyFactoryDirect.com

Scott arent these too heavy for you.?

#257487 - 03/04/09 06:30 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Kingfrog...where have you been?

What are your thoughts on the opinions of the new 802 owners?

Hard to believe that "PC speakers" can have so much merit!!!!

Maybe they are so well accepted because they aren't "PC Speakers"..

Anyway it would be nice to hear your thoughts on the last few days..Remember one member, is thinking of moving away from Mackie 450's..

#257488 - 03/04/09 06:52 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi Donny

Yes, 43 lbs is more than I'll be moving. I may consider the 8" or 10". How did the 10's ever get up to 32 lbs I wonder, still a bit heavier than I was wanting.

It seems these may be a better quality value than the Peavey PR series and the Behringer B212A's??

I wonder how these suckers compare to my JBL 10 Eon G2's? I have never needed more, if anything I'm asked to turn down. So, I"m wondering what the point would be for me to have the 8 inchers. As a matter of fact, I'm wondering why zuki would consider using four of the 8's rather than have a couple of 10's for the big rooms.

Is there any point in my considering 2 of the 8's to use with my JBL 10's for big rooms? I like the price better and the idea of smaller and lighter. Opinions please..haha, it's the Podium craze

#257489 - 03/04/09 07:04 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Chas enjoy them........hope to hear more reviews from some gig experiences also.

Donny ... have YOU used them on a gig???
t.

Page 32 of 53 < 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 52 53 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online