SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#25782 - 04/28/03 08:00 AM XP Wind Chime sound
willy_slugs Offline

Loc: NY
Hey all, First time here!

I'm desperatly try to find a wind chime sound for my XP-60. Downloaded tons of syx files and haven't found anything close.

The best way I can describe it is a light chime that resonates (used as a percussive sound in a lot of R&B trax)

thanks!

#25783 - 05/01/03 10:52 PM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I think I know what you're talking about. If so, I couldn't find any either, but I created something that I think might work. Is it a sound with a sharp attack and a tone that slightly oscillates rapidly; as in the sound you get when 2 notes are really close to each other in pitch but not perfectly in tune?

#25784 - 05/07/03 12:59 AM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
puzk Offline

Hi guys,

There's one patch in the XP patches that resembles a continuous wind chime and pad sound. Forgot the name of it but it wasn't that convincing. I edited that patch and took out the pad bits.

I know that the XP-30 has the orchestral expandsion board, and that one has really excellent chimes. It's more convincing than my Yamaha motif's chime sounds.

#25785 - 05/07/03 05:04 PM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
Bungle Offline

Loc: Den Haag, The Netherlands
just to get things right, are you referring to this instrument:
http://www.brookmays.com/prod_disp.asp?itemnum=RT8122

these are called wind chimes, and there's a fine sample of them on the orchestral expansion board.

[This message has been edited by Bungle (edited 05-14-2003).]

#25786 - 05/08/03 08:58 AM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
willy_slugs Offline

Yup, that it! Unfortunatly whenever I've asked people about 'wind chimes' no one seemed to understand.

I'll peep the expansion card....I was kinda hoping that i could find the syx program for it on the internet though.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungle:
just to get things right, are you referring to this instrument:
http://www.brookmays.com/prod_disp.asp?itemnum=RT8122

these are called wind chimes on the orchestral expansion board.

#25787 - 05/08/03 09:01 AM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
willy_slugs Offline

yeah, I heard that one too, unfortunantly I haven't been able to get the chime to sound has full as I wanted.

thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally posted by puzk:
Hi guys,

There's one patch in the XP patches that resembles a continuous wind chime and pad sound. Forgot the name of it but it wasn't that convincing. I edited that patch and took out the pad bits.

I know that the XP-30 has the orchestral expandsion board, and that one has really excellent chimes. It's more convincing than my Yamaha motif's chime sounds.

#25788 - 05/30/03 02:02 PM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I myself am a former owner of the XP-60, and I must say it was one hell of a nice synth... One thing you really have to take into account is that the true (sound power) behind the XP series is in the expansion boards.. Roland gave the XP's a decent sound set, but if you really want to good sounds you'll need to look into the boards..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#25789 - 06/07/03 03:12 AM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
Dave Morris Offline

Loc: Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, ...
I can agree with you partially, but increasingly on boards such as Hip Hop and House with the drum loops the acompanying sounds are quite awesome and mostly come from the internal sounds on the JV/XP.

The House Board has a total of 88 sounds that are purely internal board sounds. I have published and made freely available these sounds in a previous message.

Search on my name in Synthzone over the past 5 yrs or so. Wehey. I'm old!!!

#25790 - 06/09/03 07:32 AM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
willy_slugs Offline

Thanks Dave. Question? What file i'm I to download off your site?

electronica.ram
housecol.exe
sample.exe

I'm a little uncomfortable downloading executable files. Shouldn't the sounds be in syx format?

thanks man!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Morris:
I can agree with you partially, but increasingly on boards such as Hip Hop and House with the drum loops the acompanying sounds are quite awesome and mostly come from the internal sounds on the JV/XP.

The House Board has a total of 88 sounds that are purely internal board sounds. I have published and made freely available these sounds in a previous message.

Search on my name in Synthzone over the past 5 yrs or so. Wehey. I'm old!!!

#25791 - 06/10/03 06:55 AM Re: XP Wind Chime sound
Dave Morris Offline

Loc: Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, ...
HouseCol.exe is the House Collection
Sample.exe is the ACID1997 Collection from Inspirations.

The files are compressed in a format that self-unzips with out the need for WINZIP, WINRAR and so on.

Copy the flies onto your desktop. Put them in individual folders, then double click the exec and you'll see SYSEX, SVD and Midi versions of HouseCol or Sample

Ignore Electronica.RAM. It's a historic link to a real audio broadcast that Radio 1 in the Uk have since withdrawn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online