SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#261294 - 04/10/09 09:39 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Damn, Don, I'd take a closer look at your song list! Somebody REALLY important doesn't like a tune or two you play!

Just kidding, of course. Really glad you're OK!

Russ

#261295 - 04/10/09 10:07 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If I'd been playing Jazz, I probably wouldn't be here today!
I'm hitting the road now for Oklahoma. I'll try to dodge the grass fires, and I won't go through Mena, AR on the way either.
DonM

#261296 - 04/10/09 10:13 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don,
In the sixties in Morgan City the same thing happened across from Maurice's Lounge while I was working with a six piece R&R band.
At least 3 building across the street were about totaled. We played so loud we didn't even hear the freight train sound. Ha! Ha! Some one came running into the club to make it known.

#261297 - 04/10/09 11:18 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
WOWOWOW!!!
That is too close for Comfort. even Southern Comfort.
Happy to hear that all is well.
Best regards,
Bebop

#261298 - 04/10/09 11:30 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Don - and what style were you using for "Blowin' in the Wind"? HA HA... So glad to hear that you and your patrons were unscathed. That's a little too close for comfort for sure. Makes you appreciate the days when things are just routine.

Again, glad to hear that you weathered that one so well!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#261299 - 04/10/09 03:55 PM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... so glad you and others were not injured ... we just never know - from one minute to the next, we just NEVER know ...
t.

#261300 - 04/10/09 07:57 PM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
zuki Online   content

That's what you get for being able to golf in January

Glad you're OK.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Nord 6D73/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/ATEM Mini Pro switcher/K&M stand

#261301 - 04/11/09 09:55 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Wow, at first I thought this might be an April Fool's joke but the thread is dated the ninth. Glad everyone got out okay without any injuries or worse. Aren't there any sirens in the vicinity to alert people of a possible tornado Don? I realize sometimes that even though there ARE sirens it can happen so quick that the sirens don't help in some instances. At least not in giving people enough time to find sufficient cover and safety anyway. If there weren't any sirens at all then it's each man for himself and fortunately everyone escaped the tornados wrath. FWIW, that would be my biggest fear in moving out to the Mid-West or South i.e. TORNADOS!! I'd rather continue and take my chances in "Quaker" State, California than risk living in "Freight Train" Louisiana home of the infamous Tornado Alley. I applaud your courage Don and each and every person that continues to daily take their lives in their own hands by living in that area of the Country. I guess you get used to it after a while I reckon though huh? Just like we get use to our houses and buildings rattling and swaying violently back and forth on occasion here in California too, eh?

Once again, glad everyone got out unscathed Don. Well, all but your car that is. Over $400 bucks for a windshield with a $500 deductable must have made you day huh? As long as you and everyone else made it out alive is the greatest relief. The windshield can always be replaced.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 04-11-2009).]

#261302 - 04/11/09 10:07 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
Dnj Offline

http://www.ksla.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3641057&h1=Er

Here is a News video (after commercial) Hank sent me of the Tornado devestation at Ernest's restaurant where Don M performs nightly............
I also played there in January at the Jam...I hope they recover asap.

#261303 - 04/11/09 02:33 PM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Tornadoes are serious threats no doubt about it. I was taking a lighthearted look at them and with our situation in California with our earthquakes but it really is not funny at all when you happen to be caught in the middle of them. It's also really sad about the loss of life and devastation with that recent tornado in Tennessee, which is not very far from La.

There are about 1,000 tornadoes that touch down in the U.S. each year which is mind boggling. OTOH, we get earthquakes in California on a much rarer scale with big ones occuring sometimes several years or even decades apart. But one big earthquake can do the same amount of damage as a whole years worth of tornadoes that happen in the Mid West and South. And then there's the hurricanes down in Florida and the Gulf Coast which ranks right up there as well, in terms of the damage they can do.

Don and his fellow companions must be extremely grateful they made it through without a scratch. I know I would be.

All the best,
Mike

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online