SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26215 - 02/02/00 08:18 AM Loop Sync
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im trying to sync my expansion board loops to my sequencer on my XP-80 but am having lots of trouble. Does anyone know how to do this for usage with the perfomance seuencer?????
Peace

#26216 - 02/02/00 11:34 AM Re: Loop Sync
Wilkes Offline

Loc: Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Go to page 179 in the Owner's Manual and look at the section titled "Playing phrase loops at a song's tempo". The instructions only mention the Bass & Drums board, but the info applies to all exp. bd. loops. By the way, if you want to sequence a BPM-sync'ed loop in Performance (Key Mode: Single) mode, you'll have to first write the changed patch (that you edited according to the instructions on page 179) to a USER patch space, then use the USER patch as one of the tracks/parts in performance mode. You cannot sync a modified-but-not-saved "factory preset" to the sequencer in performance mode (although you can if sequencing in patch mode). Lastly, to get the loop going the same tempo as the sequencer in performance mode, press the PERFORM button to enter Perf. mode, then press Common/F1 and Set the Clock Source to Sequencer. There you go! If you still have problems, post again and I'll get back to you!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online