SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26267 - 03/30/02 02:21 AM Using XP-50 in Europe: How to safely plug-in overseas?...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am leaving to Europe (Germany) soon, and i look forward to using my XP-50 there; I know the electrical system there is different than the American standard (Euro = 220v/50hz vs. US = 110v/60hz). If i get the proper adapter to plug my (American-style) XP-50 into the outlet in Germany, will it fry my keyboard if i plug right into their 50hz/220v system, or will i need to also go through a transformer to make it work properly? I hope someone can help me with this seemingly easy question, as i don't want to risk damaging my baby!.... Thanx in advance! ~Z

#26268 - 04/06/02 07:38 AM Re: Using XP-50 in Europe: How to safely plug-in overseas?...
brzilian76 Offline

I lived in The Netherlands for 5 years and bought gear over there that I took back with me to Brazil.

Just make sure your gear works on both 50Hz and 60Hz (it tells you right on the back next to the power outlet). If that is the case, all you need is a step-up transformer that has at least the same Wattage of your keyboard.

I do not recommend running 60Hz only electronics on a 50Hz European power system. The difference in frequency could have all kinds of adverse effects on the operation of electronic equipment.

[This message has been edited by brzilian76 (edited 04-06-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online