SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#26389 - 03/30/01 03:59 AM Re: Roland should..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right on Stigf, these synths are THE programmable synths. If people arent happy with their patches, then program the thing. If you havent got time or cant, use the presets or go buy some Yamaha crap or something.
Geez - how many of you guys are out there, i reckon i could start a business up programming kick ass sounds on these machines. What do ya reckon everyone!

#26390 - 03/30/01 12:22 PM Re: Roland should..
Zeratul Offline

Loc: Romania
Totty2 If you do that let me know,I will need it.

------------------
[b]D'auk o-la[b]

#26391 - 03/30/01 01:23 PM Re: Roland should..
Eddy Offline

Loc: Chicago
It would be nice if Roland and other vendors would include a decent editor/librarian for their boards. There are a number of shareware editors out there, all they would need is to find the best one out there and purchase it from the person that wrote it or provide a Light Version of SoundDiver that works just for their boards.

I have been trying to find a good one for JV series boards but they all seem to have little quirks with them. Either they dont want to see my JV80 through my 8x8 Midi interface or they dont support the JV80.

If I had a job I would just go out and dish out the money for SoundDiver but as it is I cant afford that right now.

If you have everything on your PC screen editing would be a joy, right not its a pain to go through pages and pages of menu screens.

#26392 - 03/30/01 01:50 PM Re: Roland should..
fvicente Offline

Loc: Port Moody, BC, Canada
Eddy,

Sounddiver is great to use. Don't forget that it supports many, many different devices. The XV series is not supported yet but someone is currently working on the module for the XV-5080 (don't know which other XV models it will support).

There is a light OEM version of Sounddiver for the JV-1010 which ships with the module. I believe that this is mostly because you can't edit the JV-1010 from the front panel but I'm not sure. I don't know if it works with other JV series or not.

It is well worth the price if you have more than one unit to edit. If you only have one unit, then it depends on your situation if it is worth it to you, how difficult (or tedious) it is to program from the front panel, and how much editing you actually do.

In the meantime you may be able to find a shareware one out there somewhere. I thought that there was something for JV-series on the net somewhere. Maybe I'm mistaken.

HTH

#26393 - 03/30/01 04:25 PM Re: Roland should..
Eddy Offline

Loc: Chicago
Yeah there are a bunch of shareware ones out there but I haven't had much luck with them working for me and my setup.

#26394 - 03/31/01 01:51 AM Re: Roland should..
Zeratul Offline

Loc: Romania
The sound diver that came with my xp 30 is a good editor and it will work with any JV XP synth.If anyone wants it I will give it to them.

------------------
[b]D'auk o-la[b]

#26395 - 04/01/01 12:54 AM Re: Roland should..
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Editting patches is the way I prefer. Let me inform all present that I am a completely blind individual with an XP-80. I can even edit my own patches. I've created very many patches, from improved pianos, to strings that sound much better for glissando, to accorddions, to horns, to cup mutes for brass, to choirs, etc. I also have a few expansion boards, and I find myself tweaking a few patches for my own taste even on those. I will say they are short on pads, which is fine with me.

My point? If a blind guy can manipulate the synth, anybody can.

[This message has been edited by FAEbGBD (edited 04-01-2001).]

#26396 - 04/01/01 05:48 AM Re: Roland should..
stigf Offline

Loc: Tromsų, Norway
FAEbGBD:

You impressed me there!

I agree with you; the XPs are good synths for editing sounds. I know many disagree with me here, but I find the XP-60/80 manual good enough to get started with sound editing. And the display/interface is actually quite clear-cut when you have used it a little. The manual gives you what you need to get started, the rest is trying.

As I said before, the XP sound editing IS complex. That is the whole idea of a synth. Personally I find the XP quite easy to work with.

Stig

#26397 - 04/04/01 09:07 AM Re: Roland should..
prenteria Offline

Loc: ontario,California
Quote:
Originally posted by Bungle:
I don't really feel this is Roland's duty. And even now I've got tons of patches I'll probably never use. Only dissappointing thing is that because the international community of xp30 users is too small (and Roland could fill this gap by sound developement) no user patches are created that use expansion waveforms of the session/techno/orchestral boards.

#26398 - 04/05/01 08:34 AM Re: Roland should..
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
The XP30 community is small? That's a rather odd statement, since the XP30 community includes all the users of the XP50/60/80 and JV1080/2080/1010 as well since the sound architecture is essentially the same and the patches interchangeable (2080 has more EFX, but still . . . ).

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online