Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#264956 - 06/02/09 09:12 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Wow!! who knew? if you really want to make some tips throw on a Chicken Hat also.. But be careful, you don't want to be labeled a KARAOKE artist

Whats wrong with being labeled a Karaoke :artist"? LOL

I made a lucrative career with it's beginnings in karaoke and many people make a good living today as Karaoke Djs.....

I don;t consider Karaoke and insult.......In fact it got me out of corporate life and I saw parts of the world (like Diego Garcia) I would have never had a chance to see if it were not for a little (new idea in America) Karaoke show at Carlos and Charlies in San Doeigo in 1983

Walk the room with that nike, The name od the game is ENTERTAINMENT and that is not always or reserved for the guys who play the fastest opr most interesting riffs...

UI annot imagine where I'd be if I turned a nose up at Karaoke all those years ago......

Probably still working for Xerox Corp...Ugh....or worse, laid off....still making house and car payments.......double ugh..

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 06-02-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#264957 - 06/02/09 09:19 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Walk the room with that nike, The name od the game is ENTERTAINMENT and that is not always or reserved for the guys who play the fastest or most interesting riffs...

I'm a singer first who backs him self up with playing Arranger Keyboard, SMF, Mp3 Backing tracks & anything else that make my audience happy & myself....after 40 years 25 of them playing in a & pc show band I think I've done well. Karaoke or singing to tracks is just another tool to entertain when done right by a professional singer.
I certainly respect your accomplishments.

take care

#264958 - 06/02/09 09:27 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
...Dave, you just let me know when you want me to Photoshop a nice chicken hat on ya. You can use the picture for your next business cards (free of charge).

-mike

You mean like this:

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 06-02-2009).]

#264959 - 06/02/09 09:36 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Anonymous
Unregistered

---

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 06-02-2009).]

#264960 - 06/02/09 10:20 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
You mean like this:

OMG!!!!
Now Thats Entertainment!!!

#264961 - 06/02/09 10:57 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
I was just gonna go with the Chicken Hat....not the Chicken Head.

-mike

#264962 - 06/02/09 11:15 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny and others of the "chicken hat" persuasion:

Good luck with your Karaoke work. Just understand that there are lots of working folks who, for various reasons, don't want to have anything to do with it.

That's not a criticism of those who do it that way, it's just the way it is for some, including me. And some of us haven't starved or otherwise suffered from our "narrow mindedness". It's just a differrent approach and not one that should be criticized, in my opinion. What's right for any one individual is what works for them and what they can live with.

Russ "elitest" Lay

#264963 - 06/02/09 11:44 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
I was just gonna go with the Chicken Hat....not the Chicken Head.

-mike

Well, if you going to do something, may as well go all the way.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#264964 - 06/02/09 11:53 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Donny and others of the "chicken hat" persuasion:

Good luck with your Karaoke work. Just understand that there are lots of working folks who, for various reasons, don't want to have anything to do with it.

That's not a criticism of those who do it that way, it's just the way it is for some, including me. And some of us haven't starved or otherwise suffered from our "narrow mindedness". It's just a different approach and not one that should be criticized, in my opinion. What's right for any one individual is what works for them and what they can live with.

Russ "elitest" Lay

Hi Russ,

I don't know exactly where Donny was coming from, but I certainly wasn't criticizing the non-arranger players. In fact I was commending those including myself who have the ability and desire to go without technology sometimes. I have done a number of solo gigs for restaurants, private parties, etc. where I played the piano on site or brought a digital piano and bass pedals sans any kind of accompaniment and have had a lot of fun doing that as well. If I had to choose, I would always prefer to play with other musicians. But the sorry truth is there are just not that many places left that can afford or are willing to pay for a full group. And as they say in the old movies, "baby needs a new pair of shoes".

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#264965 - 06/02/09 11:57 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I get a lot more work using the arranger...I used to do a lot of band work and some solo piano, but the market has changed, and I had to adapt.

I still love playing and jamming with my buddies, but now it's mostly for fun.

The arranger work pays the bills.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online