SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 37 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265087 - 06/03/09 02:32 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Dennis I apologize for putting you in that group then. You're the exception to this
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#265088 - 06/03/09 02:43 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#265089 - 06/03/09 03:27 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

I guess now people can understand why most of the post hear on synthzone can not be taken seriously.

In this thread, you have persons saying that arranger players are musical dummies and can not use a fully loaded arranger to its potential.

But in other threads about the Audya (that does not have style editing), you have the same persons complaining about the lack of style editing and saying arranger players want that.

So there is an absolute contradiction in their statements and they only suggest that persons are just criticizing for criticizing sake.

It is also worthy to note that the ones making the contradicting statements, do not own neither an Audya nor a mediastation.

#265090 - 06/03/09 04:14 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dennis..a bad day again?..

I didn't see an apology, or did I see a need for one...I apologize, I didn't see your apology, or why an apology was even necessary...I thought it was just "down under" expressing of one's opinions...

Besides , I was to busy re booting this dang MediaStation...)

#265091 - 06/03/09 04:18 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Fran Carango Offline

Dennis quote: "PS: @ Fran...Fran when someone makes an apology it is courteous to at least acknowledge it. That you didn't says a lot."

Dennis what it says...I don't read "all" the post....I try not to, when I am not interested in contents...I overlooked your statement..I did not ignore you...Why would I....as I said I didn't even think there was a problem.....Now back to this MS..

#265092 - 06/03/09 04:58 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Dennis quote: "PS: @ Fran...Fran when someone makes an apology it is courteous to at least acknowledge it. That you didn't says a lot."

Dennis what it says...I don't read "all" the post....I try not to, when I am not interested in contents...I overlooked your statement..I did not ignore you...Why would I....as I said I didn't even think there was a problem.....Now back to this MS..

What an interesting co-incidence you make this post at this time....very interesting....And your comments there sum up your attitude in a nutshell. ..YOU DONT READ ALL THE POST...wow!

I wonder if others on this forum follow the same practice? Maybe thats why there is so much ill-informed comment, because people do not read an entire post, and more importantly do not bother to try and comprehend what the posts are about.

And you then have the front to make comments on a post you have nto read fully. Well that explains a lot.

#265093 - 06/03/09 05:03 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Just to clarify I WRONGLY said that you were the one who criticised others for using charts.

That was an erroneous statement and the one I apologised for.

Nothing to do with any "down-under" way of anything.

I was wrong I apologised. Whether you accepted the apology or not is not relevant, what was relevant and to me showed a lack of respect, was the total dissing of said apology.

#265094 - 06/03/09 05:22 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Fran Carango Offline

Dennis, you need a good nights rest..There are no problems, and you didn't owe me an apology...

You read too much into comments on a chat site....

I know what I know and am content...

Chat again..another day...

#265095 - 06/03/09 05:29 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Fran Carango Offline

Guys to be honest, I am not reading SZ as much, if DNJ wasn't Skyping me links to SZ post...days would go by before I catch up on SZ reading...

Now let me reboot this MS again..

#265096 - 06/04/09 11:45 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
patience will be a good thing....... give domenico time and let hem make true his plans....... if he can make the good stuf what we have already in MS he can finish it also. ........ only he need time to make it finish and believe me he is 90% near finish line.

Most of us have been reading exactly the same thing for the past four years. Many have been TRYING to use the MS live for that long, and it STILL can't do it well. It sits at home, as a VSTi player, and they all have other arrangers. We've been told it is "90%" there since day one... Forgive our skepticism.

And genesys, just in case you are referring to me, I have never shied away from admitting that AT INITIAL PURCHASE, I need an arranger that is good to go out of the box. And THEN, I need an arranger that is capable of being edited to be even better. NOT an arranger that will take months or years before it is ready for the gig, nor an arranger that sounds pretty good the day I buy it, but cannot be advanced easily past that state.

If this concept is difficult for you to understand and sympathize with, perhaps you could start posting examples of your 'all original' styles, and perhaps give us a description of how long you took to create them, whether you play live with your arranger, whether you use SMF's or styles exclusively, and whether you create styles from 'scratch' or use parts of others... let us walk a mile in your shoes, and see if YOUR workflow works for US.

There is a HUGE difference between minor style editing and total style creation. Few have the skills or the time for the latter (at the top ROM style level), but most of us need the former. Perhaps you are right though. How DOES one take this forum seriously? Those that champion the 'open' arrangers and 'rolling your own' and try to put down those of us with a practical approach to what we need in an arranger are also the same people that virtually NEVER demonstrate that they aren't talking theoretically, that what they preach is what they practice. I see a lot of TALK, but little WALK....

IF the MS was a great arranger AS WELL as it's other qualities, I would already have one. And no, I'm afraid that you can't call an empty shell where you do ALL the work an 'arranger', no more than you can call a completely disassembled 'kit car' an actual vehicle. It's a POTENTIAL vehicle. IF.... you have the time and skills to assemble it. I bet you bought YOUR car assembled, didn't you?

And my criticism of the Audya has existed on several levels, but to boil it down, an arranger that is $1500 more expensive than others should AT LEAST have the same editing tools on it that the cheaper ones do. And it's revolutionary features should work fully, not partially.

If you use your arranger as a VSTi WS, then no, perhaps it doesn't NEED to be a good arranger. If you use your arranger as a coffeemaker, it doesn't need to be a good arranger. But if you use your arranger like 99% of ALL people use an arranger, then yes, perhaps it DOES need to be a good arranger

If these don't sound like legitimate points, yes, perhaps this forum IS a joke...

Page 8 of 37 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online