Topic Options
#265317 - 08/15/09 06:03 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#265318 - 08/15/09 07:29 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
The link works, but I cringe with each file uploaded because there's always something wrong. Either a shite mic off a camera is used, or there is some technical reason why audio doesn't sound right.

In this case you make the following an excuse.

Quote:
if you hear some latency is becouse of a old 1 core CPU.recorded 1 chord only

In all fairness, what you uploaded was ridiculously simple beyond all reason and the keyboard couldn't even do that right. I'd hate to hear what it would sound like if someone was actually playing a performance.

This is all an unimaginable joke.

James

#265319 - 08/15/09 07:57 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#265320 - 08/15/09 08:13 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
James I know you are "outspoken" and that is fine...What I don't understand is how you call Dom "disrespectful"...and fail to see it ...in your own post...

I know you believe the Korg Oasis is the finest machinery in the music world...Usually those that purchase expensive gear always feel that way..

But to others that have played and passed over the Korg Oasis...we have a different view...and ..apparently Korg did too..dropping another failure for the company..

To me..the Oasis is a composite of the Korg line..including the ultimate failure for me.."Karma"....Sure some folks liked the novelty of it..I do not recall a single performer using one "live" ..in my area...

As for the Oasis being "Open"..not even close...A Wersi, MS, or Open labs line up..they are "open"...

After reading several of your comments , I felt I should mention..how things appear to me...So now we have 2 viewpoints..

#265321 - 08/15/09 08:22 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
james if you do not like the demo do not listen to it. then go to other topics,

the style was a example of midi+ drum audio loops and a example how easy it is to put sample loops to style in qranger. if you sai it is a joke good for you. but for keyboard style makers like me, this is the only arranger with this unlimated option.

i told here before that my cpu is to slow for new O.S but i used O.S becouse of qranger

if i like i can upgrade the cpu and then is my problem resolved.

So, because you HAVEN'T already upgraded, can we infer that you DON'T like?

Tiny snippets of 'proof of concept' aren't music. How long have you had your MS? Surely, by this time, you will have produced SOMETHING you don't have to make excuses for... or have you?

You see, we don't want much... except to listen to what YOU consider the best produced music you have made with an MS. The trouble is, of course, that you have to put it up without any guarantee that we'll like it. And I'm sorry, my friend, but if you are going to get huffy if no-one agrees with you, who's fault is that?

You put them up, we listen to them. But who says we HAVE to like it? It is YOU (and the MS) that HAVE to be good enough for us to like. And, trust me, my current opinion about the MS will have NO bearing on whether I post in favor or against any music posted. It simply has to be good, and of high quality.

Tell me you HAVE made at least SOME good, high quality recordings by now? Or, what's the POINT of it all?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-15-2009).]

#265322 - 08/15/09 08:25 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
james if you do not like the demo do not listen to it. then go to other topics,

Huh ?... At no point did I express my opinion weather I liked what you played or not.

Quote:
the style was a example of midi+ drum audio loops and a example how easy it is to put sample loops to style in qranger. if you sai it is a joke good for you. but for keyboard style makers like me, this is the only arranger with this unlimated option.

It's a freaking joke because it was the most ridiculously simple pattern beyond all reason and the Mediastation screwed that up.

There is always an excuse with you guys and this time your saying the CPU couldn't handle the load. For crying out loud man wake up and stop kidding yourself. What was play was as basic as hell and the Mediastation couldn't play that back right.

It's the ultimate arranger alright, the ultimate joke and your even worse for uploading what was a totally unacceptable representation of what the keyboard can do. Or in this case what it can not do.

James

#265323 - 08/15/09 08:43 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

And Fran, sorry, but if you cannot see the difference between disrespecting Dom, and disrespecting the MS, perhaps you too are just a little bit sensitive. I for one have never put up insulting URL's ridiculing someone's name as a response to legitimate criticism of my playing, for instance! Dom is a hothead without the slightest regard for how crazy he comes off as. You certainly don't see anyone coming to SZ from RolandEurope, and personally insulting those that criticize the G70, do you? Of course not... THEY ARE NOT THAT CRAZY!

But, here's the telling point, Fran. EIGHT PAGES on this topic, and NOT ONE posting of good music to refute any detractor's point. Not one... Nary a single song to say 'You guys are all wrong. You CAN make great arranger music on the MS.... AND HERE IT IS"

You've had your MS two, three YEARS now, haven't you? C'mon, then. Post ONE piece you have done on it that is better than what you can do on the G70... Just one...

I have listened to everything you have ever posted on the MS. None of them even comes CLOSE to the G70 (what few there were ). You see, few of us here consider playing a VSTi or two over an mp3 of some other arranger actually getting the backing parts RIGHT to be 'using an arranger'. You could as easily do this with any other keyboard you own. Play me something 100% MS without embarrassment, just for once, eh?

To be honest, I've got NO IDEA why you even like the MS... For live, do you even NEED a better piano that the G70's? Have you such a burning need for B4 on the gig you are willing to truck around this behemoth ('cos you ought to look into the V-Machine, in that case! )..?

Two to three YEARS of ownership... what's the BEST it can do?

#265324 - 08/15/09 09:43 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

Fran, I'm all for discussing any topic with you, but I'm not going to get into a pissing contest between KORG and Lionstracs products because the notion of it is completely ridiculously and there is simply no point.

The topic here is the Meidastation and not the OASYS. The OASYS does everything advertised with no compromises and is free from “””ALL””” known bugs. It's flawless in it's operation and all function.

Look, seriously I don't want to bring this down to the level of a petty fight. I will debate with you on the subject of the Mediastation, but only if there is a certain amount of positivity to this. Bickering will get us nowhere.

With respect
James.

#265325 - 08/15/09 09:52 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

AFG Music.

Just to prove that I'm open minded when it comes to different styles of music. Here is an original tune I wrote and played on the KORG Pa1X Arranger using a Factory style and some AKAI Samples. Remember all this is played and recorded on the Pa1X... no computers or anything else used.

Remember, I'm Irish and yet I'm open minded enough to write an perform this.
http://www.irishacts.com/leanbh-mo-chroi/Track%2013%20-%20Cleopatra.mp3

So the next time you see me commenting on your demos, don't accuse me ever of making it personal. I was only commenting on the lack of the Meidastations ability to even tie a basic pattern together.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 08-15-2009).]

#265326 - 08/15/09 10:09 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about!

An obsolete (by MS users' definition, not mine!) arranger making anything posted on this thread seem amateur by comparison. Remember, that's a FACTORY style, with a bit of loopage added. Not even a poor Roland conversion..!

It simply astounds me that year after year, time after time, MS users (including Dom himself) post incredibly amateurish music to try and persuade people that CAN recognize good music when they hear it (no matter the genre) that somehow, this pile of (well, you know!) really IS better than those arrangers that HAVE proved themselves capable of great music in the hands of their users, let alone factory demonstrators.

Are they simply so dazzled by all the blinking lights and large LCD screen that they fail to actually LISTEN to what they have made before they go ahead and post it, and in doing so, merely reinforce what we have all been saying for years?

So, listen up, all you MS users... BEFORE you hit 'Submit' on your next 'piece de resistance', have a listen to it and ask yourself, if anyone else submitted this as being from another arranger, would you call it a 'piece de merde'?

Page 31 of 37 < 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online