SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26679 - 06/13/00 09:26 AM XP-80 and Cubasis VST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi!
I have a question: how I could connect Roland XP 80 with the Cubasis 3.7. I would like to be able to hear the sounds from my synth and not the sounds from the soundblaster (I have Live! Drive 2 and Live Platinum soundcard). I cannot make the synth and the Cubasis compatible and I wonder if this is at all possible.
I don't have much experience with Midi and therefore I don't know how does it work.

I also have WinXP programme but I can't figure out how to convert sounds so that I could save them in the Cubasis.

Do I need any additional Midi interface, is it possible that my soundblaster is not enough even though it has Midi In/Out.
I also have Midi patch bay but I also do not know how to use it so some additional information would be of much help to me.

Thank you very much.

Boris Limoni

#26680 - 06/14/00 10:07 PM Re: XP-80 and Cubasis VST
SpamViking Offline

Loc: Vancouver
I was in the same position, here's what I did. First, you have to remember (like I finally clued in on) that midi is not audio. You can't connect your synth to your comp via midi & expect to hear your synth sounds. You have to monitor either by running the audio out from your synth into the soundcard, or a mixer (4 track, etc.). The easiest way I found to get the whole Cubase thing going was to simply save your song as a midi file on the XP, then, in Cubase, import the midi file from a floppy, then choose remix (I forget offhand which menu it's under, but just look, you'll find it), this will arrange all your tracks in Cubase as if you recorded them direct. Also, remember to mute the track you initially imported, otherwise you'll get a flange thing going.
I have a similar setup, an XP60, SBLive, and Cubase VST24. If you have any questions aboot this, feel free to e-mail me spamviking@home.com

Good luck bro!

------------------
"Jim, Chekov's got your pants on!"

[This message has been edited by SpamViking (edited 06-14-2000).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online